• NASCAR / F1 / etc - Auto Racing

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • UFC / Boxing / WWE / WWF - Pro Wrestling or Impact Sports

Votes: 32 15.0%

• Total voters

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
For me...MLB first by far! Then maybe college basketball followed closely by college football (which is in a free fall at the moment for my attention)...then NFL and NBA (mostly because my kids watch it and I enjoy watching it with them and talking about it)! I will say this though...other than Iowa State stuff...my sports "viewing" is mostly background stuff...TV on while I am doing other things...

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I can watch about any sport, but I don't have any interest in racing or anything UFC

Favs:
1) CBB
2a) CFB
2b) Soccer

Will watch:
- NBA & NHL playoffs
- some NFL (mainly for Vikings and ISU players)
- some MLB
- Golf (Masters)
- Horse Racing (Triple Crown events)

Reactions: fsanford

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
1) ISU collegiate sports.
2) NHL by far the best playoffs in sports not to mention the coolest trophy.
3)NFL more so from a fantasy perspective and gambling. But if Vikings are on will take time to watch them. Guess so.they can irritate me.
4) Horse racing I own very minor pieces in several race horses. Also from the gambling perspective

Pretty much it.Maybe a few baseball games the fact they are shorter has brought some interest back.

Haven't watched the NBA in years.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
1) ISU men's basketball
2) ISU football
3) ISU women's basketball
4) NBA
5) St. Louis Cardinals
6) NFL
7) Rest of CBB and CFB
8) Rest of MLB

It would be a different order, though, in terms of the hours that I watch. I probably watch a greater percentage of the available hours of the NFL than of the NBA, but it's usually background noise for a Sunday afternoon, and the only games I might go out of my way to watch are the 49ers. With the MLB, I don't really watch many games, even of the Cardinals, since there are only a couple of TV providers in Iowa that offer Bally Sports Midwest. I might start watching more of other teams' games on national TV, though--I do appreciate the pace of play changes that the MLB has made.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
1. Iowa State Wrestling
2. Iowa State Football
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Iowa State MBB
5. NFL (likely because of fantasy football and Redzone channel)
6. Minnesota Twins (drop way down the list when they're bad)
7. NBA (follow Cyclones in the NBA)
8. PGA Golf
9. Iowa State WBB
10. College Football (mainly Big 12- dont really care about other conference games)
11. F1

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
1. Iowa State MBB
2. Iowa State Football
3. Iowa State sports not MBB or Football
4. NHL hockey
5. NFL
6. NBA
7. MLS
8. All other sports.

I'm a clone junkie first but NHL is closer to Iowa state than NFL. If Iowa State ever got a hockey team I'd probably put that at top.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
1. ISU MBB
2.ISU FB
3. NBA (Knicks)
4. NFL (Jets)
5. NASCAR (Hendrick)
6. ISU WBB
7. MLB (Yankees)
8. PGA

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Outside of ISU basketball and football, the time I set aside for live sports tends to decrease every year. I still love sports, but It's too easy to record and watch on my own time. I hate watching a game live where my team gets destroyed or plays lackluster, and I just took 2-3 hours away from other things to watch that.
Looking at you, Arsenal :mad:

Reactions: cyfanatic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1. ISU MBB
2.ISU FB
3. NBA (Knicks)
4. NFL (Jets)
5. NASCAR (Hendrick)
6. ISU WBB
7. MLB (Yankees)
8. PGA

I get that you're NYC fan and like the consistency but Knicks/Jets/Cyclones combo has to be a real nut punch. You're allowed to be a Yankee fan.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Outside of ISU basketball and football, the time I set aside for live sports tends to decrease every year. I still love sports, but It's too easy to record and watch on my own time. I hate watching a game live where my team gets destroyed or plays lackluster, and I just took 2-3 hours away from other things to watch that.
Looking at you, Arsenal :mad:

The one era I slipped from even ISU was after I had left Iowa so I wasn't local and MBB was in the McDermott era of constantly missing tournament and 0-1 Big 12 tournament. I still watched, but it's the only time it was like "This is my habit and what I do". It was really easy to watch at that time because the ESPN3 streaming was totally unrestricted at the time, I just didn't enjoy it much.