Help: What Package is FCS on direct tv

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I'm finally getting cable again and I want to see this weekends game does Direct TV have FCS and if so what package do you have to have?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Are you sure you have the sports pack on DirecTV?

Yeah you have to pay an additional like $12-$15 a month for the sports pack above your normal package that you have. I have the sports pack and I was able to get the game here in Ames last week.

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
The ISU/Tech game was on DirectTV here is Ames, I have no sports pack, but would drop the cash if needed. I was able to watch the game without the sports pack. They turned the station on right at the last minute.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I have dtv and couldnt get that channel (623)for last saturdays game, called dtv yesterday they told me they do not broadcast that channel on any package

It showed up on my guide last week and I did DVR the game, but have not re-watched it yet to make sure it was acctually on.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
It showed up on my guide last week and I did DVR the game, but have not re-watched it yet to make sure it was acctually on.

I do not have the SportsPack, live in Des Moines, and did get the game last week (actually, I DVR'd it, too, but I did watch it). Unfortunately, it was not in HD.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I'm a DirecTV customer and last week I called DirecTV.

The 1st Operator told me that he thought I needed the Sports pack to get the game. I ordered it for 1 month for $8/month.

I called back because I was worried the guy wasn't sure and the 2nd operator told me that they don't get that channel, just wasted $8 on the sports pack.

I called back a 3rd time because I was ****** and the operator gave be $10 off for the next 3 months becauase of the inconvience. SWEET.

I did get the game on channel 623. Not having HD sucks, but it was a great game to watch.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
so the Tech game was on Direct TV FCS channel 623 with out a sports pack subscription last week? I just bought Sports Pack today to get my tailgate satellite set up to watch the game in the parking lot of a wedding:), hopefully didn't wast 12.99 if it is on for free?

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
I have DirecTV without the sports pack and couldn't get the game without tuning it in--so I'm not sure how you guys got it without the sports pack.

I've been thinking about subscribing to the sports pack just to watch these next couple of games. Does anyone know if I can pay a pro-rated fee if I only keep the sports pack for a couple of weeks?

EDIT -- Never mind. Found the answer on DTV's website...

Is there a minimum period for a Sports Pack subscription?
There is 30-day requirement. If you disconnect the service before 30 days, we charge a $10 fee.

Last edited:

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I have DirecTV without the sports pack and couldn't get the game without tuning it in--so I'm not sure how you guys got it without the sports pack.

I've been thinking about subscribing to the sports pack just to watch these next couple of games. Does anyone know if I can pay a pro-rated fee if I only keep the sports pack for a couple of weeks?

EDIT -- Never mind. Found the answer on DTV's website...

If you turn to 623 on your guide, it should say "Upcoming Utah @ Iowa State". Its not grayed out on mine, and I have it set to record. Again, no Sports Pack for me, but I get the game.

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
If you turn to 623 on your guide, it should say "Upcoming Utah @ Iowa State". Its not grayed out on mine, and I have it set to record. Again, no Sports Pack for me, but I get the game.

I know how to find it. Like I said, I actually tried tuning the game in last week. All I got was a "Channel not purchased" message.

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
I know how to find it. Like I said, I actually tried tuning the game in last week. All I got was a "Channel not purchased" message.

Really quite odd, but I know I have been told we get it without the sports pack. That being said if the game didn't come on I would add the pack in seconds and then watch the game. Those upgrades go through super quick.:cool:

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Last week for us, it said upcomng right up till game time then switched over to channel not purchased, $10 is worth it to get the game to me. Will cancel after the season concludes since FCS seems to be a popular spot for the clones to be playing