What happened on the last play?

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
I'll be interested to hear some post game questions about it. Taking the TO there isn't ideal but it obviously isn't the worst thing either. Really want to know why it took so long to get the play in. Calling the play might be on Manning but not calling the TO is on CMC.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
This is easy. ****** coaching when it mattered from the offensive coordinator who was not remotely ready for the opportunity.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
Go back and watch replays of this year and last year‘s team. Count how many times that the coaching staff had to use a timeout to decide what play to call in critical situations. This coaching staff needs to improve their skills in quick decisive play calling. That last play was unbelievably ugly.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He should have thrown it away. Purdy still has things to learn.

He should have thrown it to Hall or Soehner there as they were both coming down the middle of the field.

Would have been a tough throw but would have less risky than chucking it to the ceiling.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
It would have been close, but he had a guy in the end zone. I think he got hit right as he was throwing the ball but I just don’t get why you don’t throw it away there. I still think the review was a complete momentum killer, and we definitely got the ball off before they buzzed down
Personally to me, where the drive stumbled was the pass to Allen. Purdy had so much open field in front of him that he should have easily been able to get a first down and get out of bounds. Then there were 2 false starts in a row. That forced them behind the sticks and for Purdy to have to be more risky. Definitely a few what ifs for Purdy today. But it has been a fun year to watch.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Personally to me, where the drive stumbled was the pass to Allen. Purdy had so much open field in front of him that he should have easily been able to get a first down and get out of bounds. Then there were 2 false starts in a row. That forced them behind the sticks and for Purdy to have to be more risky. Definitely a few what ifs for Purdy today. But it has been a fun year to watch.
I think Purdy/team was losing track of the downs, got anxious.. Call a time out, for G's sake. Settle everyone down Coaches gave team NO HELP at games' end.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
You can rag on Purdy, but before you do, remember that without him, we would be struggling for winning seasons.

Reactions: AlaCyclone