Wedding Dress cleaning

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
We're going through closets this week and it's finally time for me to get my wedding dress cleaned. I have a nice preservation box my mother-in-law gave me but need to get it cleaned.

Any recommedation on good places to take it? Maybe some of you guys can ask your wives where they got theirs done. :tongue:

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry....can't help you. My wife's has been hanging in her parent's basement for the past 10 years.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I just took mine in this winter to Storybook Weddings in Boone (I think they also have a branch in Ankeny). There were things during the purchase process for my bridesmaids there that didn't make me very happy, but they did a good job with the cleaning.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
I guess I have never understood paying for your wedding dress to be cleaned when you will probably never wear it again...Do mothers still pass their dresses down to their daughters?

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Give Ricky Williams a call. Be careful though, he may give you the phone number to his "dealer."

e_rwmd_i.jpg

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
I took mine to Huxley Cleaners. I'm assuming they did a good job, but I don't know for sure because they wrapped it up in plastic, sealed it in a box with a small plastic window, and I haven't really paid much attention to it since.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Isn't it supposed to be cleaned and boxed shortly after the grand day? If you are just pulling it out of the closest to be cleaned after years of marital bliss, I hope they get it cleaned and it doesn't fall apart..... Be carefull with whoever you choose...

Z

Z

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron