Weather for TCU

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Right now the forecast is partly sunny with Hi 46 and a low 28. Add some windchill and that seems awfully cold compared to what the toads are used to.

Will the weather be an advantage?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
It will be a factor for both teams. Cold weather is overrated in college football imo. If we were playing the game in February, after the team is used to the cold it would be our advantage. But, with the fall we've had, it will effect both teams the same as neither is used to it.

I've been to 50 degree games at JTS with some wind in October and was bundled up like I was in the arctic. Put the same day in early March and I'd have been in shorts because I had adapted to the cold.

It just hasn't been cold enough yet this fall for anyone to adjust to rose temps.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
well, that is pretty cold. That may keep the Game Day crew away from Ames.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Looks awfully chilly by weeks end. Think everyone's isn't being conservative (warm) in their forecasts too.

If there's any rain it is very light and spotty early in the day on Sat. In fact wouldn't be surprised if there is some snow up my way prior to Saturday too.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Will keep people away too.
If Jack Trice isn't packed to the brim for this one because of a little cold weather, we no longer can call ourselves such great fans that we claim to be. Kansas I would understand but an undefeated top 5 team with a chance to claim a share of the Big 12 lead? Jack Trice will be rockin

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Moderately cold weather is the most over-played “advantage” IMO.

The game will come down to x’s and o’s and execution as all of our games have this season.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If Jack Trice isn't packed to the brim for this one because of a little cold weather, we no longer can call ourselves such great fans that we claim to be. Kansas I would understand but an undefeated top 5 team with a chance to claim a share of the Big 12 lead? Jack Trice will be rockin

He’s trolling you.