WBB vs Carthage

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I think this is going to be a good team. Main concerns right now are the outside shooting, and the rebounding still. Rebounding has been all right in the first games, but I still wonder how ISU will do against a big front line. At least most of the guards appear to be aggressive going after boards.

Really impressed with the progress that Maddie has made. If she can develop a little softer shot and some better moves inside, she could be really good. Fallon played a lot better 2nd game than she did the first, so that is encouraging too. I wish Buckley would take more shots! Hallie is Hallie, Kidd is Kidd, Nikki is Nikki, and hopefully Brynn will pick it up. Her shooting seems to be off so far.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I finally got to see the game, and I thought the problem in the beginning of the game was, they were obviously keying on Hallie, and fouling her almost every time she got the ball. We were therefore taking outside shots and missing them. We were cold, and they were rolling in some pretty sloppy looking shots. I honestly don't think it was that we were that sluggish, we were just cold from the perimeter, and shooting from out there. As soon as we got into the bonus for free throws the game started to blow wide open. It looked similar to the first game to me, but the opponent wasn't as good. I thought we could have beat them much worse if we could have stayed intense and worked harder. But it was extremely hard to take this team seriously, they were bad.

I liked the way they used lots of players, and for the most part I liked how the players looked. We don't apparently have a weak player on the roster this year. I like all of them. I think they will be able to use more substitutions this year, and should work in that direction. Jadda needs to get up more shots. They need to get better and boxing out since they are going to be out-sized much of the year. You can't help but be encouraged however.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
The game changed when ISU picked up their defensive intensity. That made foe a 25-2 run, and we discovered why this was a Div. III team. Talk about shooting 3-pointers all you want, but I think this team will go as their defensive intensity goes. If they play the defense they are capable of, they have enough offensive talent that it will show through.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
[video=youtube;PK3AOgrpHh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3AOgrpHh4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The game changed when ISU picked up their defensive intensity. That made foe a 25-2 run, and we discovered why this was a Div. III team.
The defensive intensity grows every time Kidd is in the court. I agree with defensive intensity always, which is why I like this team. I think if our bench players catch fire, we could have people rotating in and out playing hard all the time. There will be times when we can't manufacture offense, and we need intense defense to keep us in the game. Also good teams manufacture offense off of defense. I don't think this team should worry much about fouling, take chances on defense and be aggressive.

Carthage was hard to take seriously. We would have had to be asleep to lose the game. I think Sunday we will see a game, and the team may get a serious wake-up call. That always happens early in a season.