WBB: Live stream from TCU for game tonight

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is weird though - we have lots of scoring threats besides her.

Not the last two games. We beat WVU with Scott and Carleton getting 53 points and everyone playing good defense. Our other starters are cold from three the last two games. Wise 1-10, Joens, 1-9, and Middleton 1-5 from three. With that said we attempted a LOT of threes last night and lots of them were hurried or contested, not a lot of nice open looks IMHO. Even the one Middleton made on the break was one where she rushed it without even setting but it went in. Scotts weren't nice in rhythm catch and shoots either. Got to credit the defense for a lot of that though, it's no secret she can hit a high percent of open threes at this point.

Really nowhere else to go for scoring if you have multiple players slump. Maybe just temporary tired legs? Hopefully not a sign the team is wearing down and they can get set for the next game. Think we got a little spoiled by those 90 and 100 point scoring barrages last month in Ames. Those were crazy fun but really not realistic to expect against teams that are motivated to play some good defense and not just foul and send us to the line.

Qualifier: Just a fans morning rambling, I ain't no X's and O's guy! :rolleyes:

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
o secret she can hit a high percent of open threes at this point.

Really nowhere else to go for scoring if you have multiple players slump. Maybe just temporary tired legs? Hopefully not a sign the team is wearing down and they can get set for the next game. Think we got a little spoiled by those 90 and 100 point scoring barrages last month in Ames. Those were crazy fun but really not realistic to expect against teams that are motivated to play some good defense and not just foul and send us to the line.

Qualifier: Just a fans morning rambling, I ain't no X's and O's guy! :rolleyes:
I don't know if others are having the same reaction but I am surprised that this team is still depending so much on Bridget for scoring and play-making, but especially scoring. I thought we had more depth than that. I guess it really shows how special Bridget is, because we know every team is keying on her and she is still scoring at this pace. Plus she is dishing a lot more, so her team mates should be getting open shots. Of course, I know I am comparing Bridget as a senior compared to Scott as a sophomore and Joens as a freshman. I still think those two will be dynamite in future years. And I think Maddy Wise is, and will continue to be, a wonderful role player. And, oh how I wish we had Nezerwa for another year or two.

As I said before, we better get out and watch this team as much as possible, because it is a very special team and Bridget is a once in a decade player.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would say the place "to go for scoring" would be to work for better shots than ones from the 20' 9" line. You know, just hoisting up 3's and then using the line "we had good looks, they just didn't fall" reduces our FT attempts, doesn't make the opposition defense work (and perhaps get into foul trouble), and doesn't use our talent. I'd bet Joens could get 8-10 FT a game if she played more inside. She has agility. quickness, and doesn't shy away from contact.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron