WBB gets second big 2018 verbal in two days

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I get the concern but it might be misplaced. The Euro recruits, and Nia for that matter, were long shot fallbacks

Camber is a quality player. Konate may be too. I may be overly sensitive, but want us to have a shot at Zoe Young. Over time my penchant for getting bent out of shape over this may well be unjustified.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Camber is a quality player. Konate may be too. I may be overly sensitive, but want us to have a shot at Zoe Young. Over time my penchant for getting bent out of shape over this may well be unjustified.

I do not know what kind of a shot we will have with Zoe but she and her Dad were at the Drake game and stayed for quite some time after talking with the coaches. I think that Seanna Johnson and her family opinion of the program will have a much bigger impact on these types of recruits than the others being referenced.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone and C.John

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I do not remember seeing them at the Drake game. Joens and Frederick were there in reserved rows. If Youngs were there they were not sitting with the other recruits and their families.

Both of Zoe's parents are ISU grads.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I do not remember seeing them at the Drake game. Joens and Frederick were there in reserved rows. If Youngs were there they were not sitting with the other recruits and their families.

Both of Zoe's parents are ISU grads.

You are correct, I think that maybe it was the Uni game that I was thinking of. Regardless of the game there does seem to be some interest from the Young's. Whatever game it was I saw Coach Steyer's family having a nice visit with them before the coaches came out.

• Informative
Reactions: C.John

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Really not sure what Zoe's level of interest is in ISU. She makes it to many elite camps in the summer around the country put on by various organizations and colleges. She has gained a lot of exposure because of this and has resulted in many schools wooing her. She was offered early by ISU at the same time as M. McGraw and Grace Cumming. As I recall, all three of them played together at Kingdom Hoops in Ankeny for 2-3 years. McGraw and Cumming later migrated to All Iowa Attack in Ames while Zoe remained at Kingdom Hoops. I believe Zoe played for North Tartan in Minneapolis this past summer. Cumming has had many D-1 volleyball offers. So, it remains to be seen what she will opt for. All three remain good friends.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone