*** WBB: Gamethread - Iowa State vs. Kansas 6:30 pm ESPN+ ****

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Based on everything I've seen online (from and about her) and what I've seen in person so far this year, Audi is *driven* to learn and to constantly get better. She's never completely satisfied with what she has done, knows there is always more and wants to find ways to get there. I believe the issues we've seen so far are all things that can be corrected, improved upon, etc. It will be fun for us, as fans, to see how she adapts on the court to the challenge that each team presents to her under the basket.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She will struggle more against tall athletic players.

Thing is there are only a handful of those in the league, or any league. Still, I'll be looking to see how she does versus Lee, Prince and Taylor Jones. Will be nice to have Natabou and her height for those games.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Crooks still needs to work on her feel in the post. She's only played 13 games, so it's understandable. It starts with her ball handling. If she's strong with the ball, she can use her athleticism to get the defender on her hip with a couple dribbles.

She's shown she's capable of finishing over both shoulders, but she needs to trust her move back to the lane. Her slight fadeaway in the lane is next level and hard to stop. But she prefers to go to the baseline with no setup, which is often a dead end against a decent defender. Going to the lane opens her up to guards digging for a steal, but if she's strong with the ball, she can find the open teammate, usually on the weak side.

When she's patient and confident in her ball handling, she's nearly unstoppable.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Thing is there are only a handful of those in the league, or any league. Still, I'll be looking to see how she does versus Lee, Prince and Taylor Jones. Will be nice to have Natabou and her height for those games.
I am watching the Cincinnati/OK game right now. Bearcats have some tall & athletic gals on their roster. They are keeping up with the Sooners. Halftime: OK 31 UC 26.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron