Vandy's football stadium

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
So Finebaum takes a swipe at ISU. Our fans get all excited and complain that Finebaum is a "douche". So some Cyclone fans decide it's OK to take a swipe at Vanderbilt to make ourselves feel good.

Just leave it at Finebaum being a douche shill. I doubt many people in America would disagree.
Objectively, their stadium currently doesn’t look ready for P5 football.

Vandy is making plenty of money from their conference TV deal. They will never win a SEC conference football title. Still, they’ll be fine. They can take a little ribbing.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
As a graduate of both ISU and Vandy, I can assure you that you all are right -- Vandy has a hard time drawing fans of its own. It's a much smaller private and the only one in the SEC. Plus, their alums aren't nearly as geographically concentrated in the region. And locals without ties to Vandy usually aren't Vandy fans. But some other teams pack that place.

I hope they get that construction done in time. I'm confident that they will.

Since they lost Franklin to Penn State, they just can't compete. Their recruiting has just not compared to the rest of the FAC (Finebaum Athletic Conference). It's important to note that they had a stretch under Franklin for a few years when they got some Top 25 wins and went to some minor bowls which is not unlike some of the better stretches in ISU's football history.

Vandy won the NCAA women's bowling championships this spring. NIL, ammiright? :)

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
As my Mom use to say...Poor Vandy!
Vanderbilt hasn't beaten Alabama since Mike Shula
Was the QB in 1984!

Reactions: isufbcurt

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As a graduate of both ISU and Vandy, I can assure you that you all are right -- Vandy has a hard time drawing fans of its own. It's a much smaller private and the only one in the SEC. Plus, their alums aren't nearly as geographically concentrated in the region. And locals without ties to Vandy usually aren't Vandy fans. But some other teams pack that place.

Since they lost Franklin to Penn State, they just can't compete. Their recruiting has just not compared to the rest of the FAC (Finebaum Athletic Conference). It's important to note that they had a stretch under Franklin for a few years when they got some Top 25 wins and went to some minor bowls which is not unlike some of the better stretches in ISU's football history.

Vandy won the NCAA women's bowling championships this spring. NIL, ammiright? :)
Honestly, Vandy and Northwestern might be competing for the same caliber athletes?
Maybe with the mess there, you can snag some dudes.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA

Do you think Clark Lea can turn it around? He seems to be building some momentum

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
That’s a big reason why Rutgers and Maryland were added to the Big 10 East. Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St needed two gimmes so the conference could switch to East-West divisions.
I don’t think that’s it because Ohio state, Michigan, and Penn State don’t really need help in that.

They were added so the big 10 could force tv subscribers in nyc and Washington DC to pay for the big 10 network

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I don’t think that’s it because Ohio state, Michigan, and Penn State don’t really need help in that.

They were added so the big 10 could force tv subscribers in nyc and Washington DC to pay for the big 10 network
Yes, first order of business was to jam the monthly BTN subscription down millions of people’s throats who will never watch it. Check.

Second order of business was to add two patsies so they could move Michigan back into an East division and give the 3 powers a couple weeks off every year. Check.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Ok, there's a question not being addressed here...

Is Vandy adding on to their stadium? Are they expecting to magically have more than 20K in attendance for some reason?
I am guessing it is more to add amenities than add capacity. Although it seems they should be upgrading the sideline seating too.

I wonder why when there is this large of a construction plan that they dont just move to a temporary location for a year to allow all out construction. Especially when there is another local stadium large enough to handle it. I would think they could play at Nissan Stadium or something for a year to let the construction ramp up.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Objectively, their stadium currently doesn’t look ready for P5 football.

Vandy is making plenty of money from their conference TV deal. They will never win a SEC conference football title. Still, they’ll be fine. They can take a little ribbing.

Yes, first order of business was to jam the monthly BTN subscription down millions of people’s throats who will never watch it. Check.

Second order of business was to add two patsies so they could move Michigan back into an East division and give the 3 powers a couple weeks off every year. Check.
University of Iowa: so you are saying we are adding 2 doormats, move us away from Ohio state and Michigan, and play in the easiest division in all of college football?
Sign us up!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Do you think Clark Lea can turn it around? He seems to be building some momentum
I think that it would be the rare coach who could do so. I loved Derek Mason and think he was probably a good culture and Xs and Os man. But you gotta have the talent ...

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Honestly, Vandy and Northwestern might be competing for the same caliber athletes?
Maybe with the mess there, you can snag some dudes.
I like that idea. Although those guys probably should get therapy instead of trying to stop Bama's offense.

I think it was in the 1980s when conferences looked very different, that SI proposed a realignment with Vandy going to the "SAC" - Student
Athlete Conference. Their tongue-in-cheek proposal grouped them with Northwestern and I think Tulane, Wake Forest and maybe Georgia Tech.

Go, Dores! (But I'm an ISU guy first and foremost).