Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
College athletics will be a Power 2 before long with the Big Ten and SEC so absurdly ahead of the rest in money.

From an ISU perspective, I think this is better than the worst case scenarios for Iowa State last summer when there was a real chance of a Power 4 with the Angry 8 being left out. Now, there will be a large second tier of major universities that will include ISU and will still be at the table.

Eventually the B1G and SEC will wanna eject the hangers-on who hold them back financially. That will be a fun day on Twitter when Vanderbilt and Purdue get kicked out.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Would love to see the media rights comparisons for the Pac-10 without USC/UCLA and the new Big 12.

Of course the rest of the West Coast schools will wanna come to the B1G too. But what if the B1G says no? Maybe the Big 12 going to 16 with Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and somebody else would be better.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
RIP to all the people on reddit that trashed me for saying Big 12 was in a better position than the Pac 12 even post-OUT.
Say this all plays out. The B12 could be very selective. We could gain the bay area, Seattle, PHX, basically Vegas after we added Houston, Orlando, Cincy, and Salt Lake.

A lot of eyeballs.