Oct 20, 2006
Lucky to have TG in Iowa

Percent-of-Breweries-Untappd.png

Relative-Percent-of-Beers-Untappd.png

http://www.beersyndicate.com/blog/data-chug-analysis-untappds-top-rated-beers/

Reactions: mfelske

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I happy people get excited about beers...and uniforms...and sweet caroline.

I like Natural Ice. I like uniforms where we beat OU....I hate logos where we lose to bad Texas teams at home.
I like Tom Petty.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
They make great beer. Just wish they were closer to Des Moines.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We sure are.

Anymore though, I think places like Pulpit Rock, Alluvial, 515, and Barntown are at that level of quality (albeit with out that level of distribution). The Iowa beer scene is pretty great. And it's not just Iowa. 4 of the Top 5 states for the "Top 50 per brewery" ranking were in the Midwest. Flyover country can hold it's own in the beer game.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I wish TG were closer to DSM but we get pretty good distribution from them. And I look for that to get even better with the new cannings. :cool:

Reactions: dmclone

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I wish TG were closer to DSM but we get pretty good distribution from them. And I look for that to get even better with the new cannings. :cool:

We get a decent amount of their regular lineup but someday I’d like to try some of their world renowned stuff like KBBS, Morning Delight, and Assassin. Pretty much impossible to get anywhere other than their taproom.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
We get a decent amount of their regular lineup but someday I’d like to try some of their world renowned stuff like KBBS, Morning Delight, and Assassin. Pretty much impossible to get anywhere other than their taproom.

So true. I have tried most of their ales even out here in AZ through trades, but damnit I want some of their stouts.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

I'll give you that. Though a 3 hour drive from Ames to Decorah isn't all that bad. Try driving to Tree House or Cigar City or . . .

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I'll give you that. Though a 3 hour drive from Ames to Decorah isn't all that bad. Try driving to Tree House or Cigar City or . . .

Not to rub it in but Cigar City just came to AZ this week. Unfortunately, it's only their Year-Around products. Won't complain about having Jai Alai readily available though.

• Winner
Reactions: NickTheGreat

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Not to rub it in but Cigar City just came to AZ this week. Unfortunately, it's only their Year-Around products. Won't complain about having Jai Alai readily available though.

Got to try Jai Alai on a trip to Huntsville, Alabama. It was awesome!