University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Isn't he theoretically a journalist? Or is he now just media relations on the UI payroll?
200w.gif

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
So from legal perspective since Iowa is a stand your ground state what could you do after a beer can assault is hurled towards one self?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have heard from several ISU fans that have traveled to other Big 12 stadiums, tell me that Tech fans are Horrible.
KSU fans are the worst I have every seen. Just more asses there than I have seen at any other stadium. Most Iowa fans are okay. It just takes a handful of losers throwing beer cans to make the whole fanbase look bad. There are a few Clone fans that give ISU fans a bad name too.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I never had Zima, but if it tasted as good as High Noons sign me up.
Zima has a very vinegar-ish vibe to it. From what I remember. Thought it was terrible. Girls I knew always put Jolly Ranchers in it to give it a better flavor.

AlumfromAmes

Jun 9, 2010
KSU fans are the worst I have every seen. Just more asses there than I have seen at any other stadium. Most Iowa fans are okay. It just takes a handful of losers throwing beer cans to make the whole fanbase look bad. There are a few Clone fans that give ISU fans a bad name too.
Couldn’t disagree more. Sorry. I’ve never seen that kind of behavior from any other fan base. Obviously, there are some good Iowa fans, but the core of the base is rotten.

The first game when the series was renewed, my whole family (6 of us) went to the game in Iowa City. Half of us wore ISU gear, and the other half wore IA. My dad graduated from ISU but grew up in Cedar Rapids. We had always liked both teams until that day.

I was 12 and wore ISU. Their fans cussed and threw beer bottles at me and my brother all the way to the stadium.

At the end of the game, their fans tore down the goal posts and started passing one up to the top of the stands. They were about to throw it over the edge on top of fans leaving the stadium until the PA announcer stopped them.

Since 1978, there’s never been a question in my mind about the worst fans in college sports.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I've been there twice, and KSU fans were nothing but great. They may have more twitter dorks than most fanbases, but in person it's been a good experience for me.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Isn't he theoretically a journalist? Or is he now just media relations on the UI payroll?
If you wanna know just how garbage The Athletic is, that is their writer for the Cyclones in The Athletic. Yep, the Hawk writer, sidelines as their Cyclone writer. Unless something changed.

Just another reason not to read that garbage.

Reactions: CascadeClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If you wanna know just how garbage The Athletic is, that is their writer for the Cyclones in The Athletic. Yep, the Hawk writer, sidelines as their Cyclone writer. Unless something changed.

Just another reason not to read that garbage.
I said on a pod with Stanzi last week he never gets to Ames lately. He supposedly lets the Husker writer cover us more. So we have that going for us.

Don’t blame him those. He’s probably busy clipping kirks toenails so he can keep his press pass.

Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I've been there twice, and KSU fans were nothing but great. They may have more twitter dorks than most fanbases, but in person it's been a good experience for me.
Yeah I agree, they were really nice when I went there. But online they are pretty awful.

But they are not even close to as bad as others. Online, in person or any other possible way. Hok fans are way way worse.

U of Texas fans have been arrogant. But I have never been to Austin to a game, so I dont know how they are in that atmosphere. Nebby fans are pretty bad, but a lot of that is delusions, and just thinking they are still in the 80s and 90s, which they were really insufferable then. Im trying to think of others I have been around a lot that would even be close to as bad as the Hoks, and none even are in the same time zone. The Hoks are just really really bad.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Barstool Sports is garbage. I just can't get behind their whole bro culture.
What Barstool was founded on and what they were for awhile, I agree. I'm still not a huge Portnoy guy and likely never will be with some of his quotes that he's had, but the large majority of Barstool now is different and really good. Big Cat, PFT, Brandon Walker and several others are hilarious and pretty solid with sports. To each their own

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe not move the trophy around geniuses.
Their fans threw **** at our players on the field while the game is going on. They also boo’d their own QB when he got announced as a starter and then subsequently after every bad play he had. Every Iowa fan that is upset about our guys talking **** to their fans while going to get the trophy are not serious people and need to find another hobby.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron