Ugliest House of The Year Contest

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
My grandma used to live in Bagley, IA and theres a house there painted the brightest Pink known to man, god it's beautiful. I swear that thing is so pink it gives off its own light source, I think it's radioactive or something.

I'm not sure that anyone really "lives" in Bagley. :wink:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Whoever started that ugly house contest needs to spend some time in eastern Kentucky. I saw them moving this old totally broken down trailer down the road to what we assumed was the dump. When we were driving back they were backing it into a lot.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
For those in the CR/Marion area, there are a few doozies on 8th Ave in Marion. There is a house about a block to the west of the fire station there, with their front lawn overgrown with several feet of tall weeds, bushes, and junk. Usually once per year they'll trim it down, however if you catch it later, it looks really bad.

Further down the road (to the west), a house had past storm damage to its siding, which took them years and years to address. I don't know if they completely fixed it yet.

Towards the far end near Lindale Dr., there are a few run-down houses, however have the satellite dishes and on some occasions, nice campers parked on their lawns.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I love my Cyclones, but I don't think I'd ever do this to my house. This is in Altoona.

792314405012a.jpg

Is there something that I am not getting? This looks like a semi normal house? The green might be ugly to some but it's not that bad?

Am I just not seeing it?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is there something that I am not getting? This looks like a semi normal house? The green might be ugly to some but it's not that bad?

Am I just not seeing it?
No I agree. That brick needs torn off though or painted or something.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Ok. You just blew my mind. I never saw the original story and all these years I thought that background was a tailgate bus. I guess I never looked at the background while watching that guys stumble around.

Mind. Freaking. Blown.

WOW, SAME!

Always seemed to see it as a photo and in meme form and hadn't looked close enough and didn't know the back story on it...

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Am I just not seeing it?

Was wondering the same thing. Really don't see anything wrong with this house. Green is a pretty common color for houses. More common in the 60s-80's for sure, but still not that unusual.