UCONN vs Purdue Championship Thread

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He gets grabbed, scratched, and hit on every play. We can go back and forth all night. Again, Shaq used to do the same thing, he is big and hard to handle. People cried he got favortism too..

I get people don't see post play anymore, cuz basketball has become positionless, but that is how it was played for years.
We can agree to disagree. I think he absorbs a lot but chalk a lot of it up to how physical he is. Just because he’s big and tall doesn’t mean he should be able to elbow, displace, hook, or go over the back all the time. It’s hard to see for both opinions because of the awkward size differences.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I don't really care about Edey fouling or getting fouled. It's BS that he can just park in the lane for 6 seconds and never get called. F that.

• Agree
Reactions: psycln11

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Once Edey got tired they smashed them like any other team. I generally don’t gamble but saw this coming.

Edey getting his usual officiating gifts and it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Jer

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
We can agree to disagree. I think he absorbs a lot but chalk a lot of it up to how physical he is. Just because he’s big and tall doesn’t mean he should be able to elbow, displace, hook, or go over the back all the time. It’s hard to see for both opinions because of the awkward size differences.
Heard Steve Javie once say Shaq was the hardest player he had to officiate. Cuz he got the crap beat out of him, but he also dished it out.. So you let guys play.. The alternative is foul everyone out which nobody wants

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
(I am not watching, so not commenting on any recent play)

Just saw the clip of Hurley going onto the court. I am not cheering for Purdue at all, but man is he fricking annoying. If we had to deal with him at all, I think we'd all be already over him. Just a constant whiner - and he's WINNING.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
UCONN moves the ball so quickly, especially out of double teams. Exactly how Illinois beat us. We could lock their guard down with a double team and before you blinked the ball went around the court 3-4 times.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Purdue wanted to just ride Edey to a win and it feels like it tired him out. Nobody else on Purdue stepped up to help

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
(I am not watching, so not commenting on any recent play)

Just saw the clip of Hurley going onto the court. I am not cheering for Purdue at all, but man is he fricking annoying. If we had to deal with him at all, I think we'd all be already over him. Just a constant whiner - and he's WINNING.

He’s always inventing disrespect.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Help Support Us

Become a patron