Tyrese Hunter note

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I think the KISS philosophy combined with go until you get it right is the philosophy that lots of teams need. Teaches discipline and keeps it easy.
I thought the KISS philosophy was write juvenile songs about sex, put on the makeup, and tour until age 80.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
There’s no way Foster thinks he’s going pro after his junior year. I really hope he doesn’t have that in his head. That’s mild delusional

I heard he planned on going Pro early, and already realized that isn’t happening. I also remember Morris saying he’d be here two years before going Pro, well obviously he didn’t leave early. You have to take what they say before stepping on campus with a grain of salt.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hunter
Bolton
Transfer scorer
Hinson
Foster

Conditt
Johnson
Jackson/Harris
We have some decent role guys that were not put in the right place to have any success by either playing out of position or by having to do too much. You bring in Nunn, Hunter, get Foster healthy and developing, and some stud transfer(s)
Man, Tim Floyd came out swingin' after Fred and company graduated. Brought in some great JC/transfers. Lets's try this...

Hunter
Bolton
Willoughby!
Bankhead!
Pratt!
Foster
Cato!

Nunn
Hinson
Johnson
Jackson
Conditt

Final 4 Baby!!! In one year. All you doubters!!

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
You mean, like Bowen Born? He dominated 3a. Wouldn't want him over Foster.
You are welcome to ignore me if you are hurt by my sharing my honest assessment but I'm hardly a troll. I truly hope foster will turn into a dynamic player. Currently though I put him in the "project" category. Conditt did more as a freshman than Foster and he's not yet dynamic either but I see more flashes from him than I've seen thus far from Foster

Foster was injured all year, hard to showboat you can do if you are not able to play.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hopefully TJ can show X a ton of Mike Daum film, how he was used, his progression from year 1-3 while TJ had him.
JFC people. Who's name is on this thread? I think I saw his name mentioned twice including the OP. It's the same in his commitment thread. It's even worse that most of the posts about other players are trashing them. Awesome.

Man do I hope CTJ can keep Hunter. That would be a hell of a start and a definite vote of confidence to the start of his reign.
No need to get testy! This is about Hunter yes, but also about ISU and players hopefully Hunter will be able to play with.

Foster: Lets see that 'Daum' film.

Every other assist by Hunter!

• Friendly
Reactions: Cytasticlone

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
It will be if Bolton continues to force 360doublepump no look shots and make Lazy telegraphed passes. He needs some serious coaching up. Has the athleticism for sure.

Just to clarify, if he does a 360 he will end up facing the basket. A good thing, IMHO.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
You mean, like Bowen Born? He dominated 3a. Wouldn't want him over Foster.

Bowen Born had a much better freshman season than Foster and is a much better player than Foster right now. Obviously, with Foster's size he has more potential but Bowen ain't just a hs star, he's a legitimate D1 player and ISU probably should've recruited him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bowen Born had a much better freshman season than Foster and is a much better player than Foster right now. Obviously, with Foster's size he has more potential but Bowen ain't just a hs star, he's a legitimate D1 player and ISU probably should've recruited him.

You can’t really compare freshman seasons when foster played in like 5 games, hurt.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
You are welcome to ignore me if you are hurt by my sharing my honest assessment but I'm hardly a troll. I truly hope foster will turn into a dynamic player. Currently though I put him in the "project" category. Conditt did more as a freshman than Foster and he's not yet dynamic either but I see more flashes from him than I've seen thus far from Foster
Keep it coming troll

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No need to get testy! This is about Hunter yes, but also about ISU and players hopefully Hunter will be able to play with.

Foster: Lets see that 'Daum' film.

Every other assist by Hunter!

I forgot they were a 16 seed one year.

I can't ever remember seeing a player I think is one of the best in college basketball on a 16 seed.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I forgot they were a 16 seed one year.

I can't ever remember seeing a player I think is one of the best in college basketball on a 16 seed.
They could've easily been a 15 or 16 seed again this year. Instead Oral Roberts made it. I think it is just the Summit conference they are in. How did they do in the Tournament when Daum was playing?

It's kind of interesting to just look at South Dakota State this year. They beat us, beat Utah State (and Smith) handily, lost to West Virginia by 8, split with Oral Roberts, won the Summit Season title, but lost to Oral Roberts by 2 in their Tournament Championship game. Oral Roberts just did a 'Hampton' on Ohio State Friday, 2 vs. 15!

South Dakota State has had a pretty good year, again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snydes and Cyjacks

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Id agree there. I think he is a rotational piece. Ideal scenario he is 7th or 8th in the rotation.

Hunter
Bolton
Transfer scorer
Hinson
Foster

Conditt
Johnson
Jackson/Harris
I think the coach will restock the cupboard and we’ll be fine!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I wonder if this Instagram story from Tyrese Hunter has anything to do with his decision? Could just be a highlight video of some kind though.

Attachments

• 9404D445-4C43-4A8D-8ADD-677248EFC216.jpeg
    9404D445-4C43-4A8D-8ADD-677248EFC216.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 0BECC29F-8891-41FE-977B-07F6E46D43AB.jpeg
    0BECC29F-8891-41FE-977B-07F6E46D43AB.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 203