Twister Sister Summary - burn the film...and be thankful

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I was thinking while listening to Coach Fen talk after the game about the game plan being to get over the screens that they did a poor job of that but the officiating didn't help them any. There was little effort to call moving screens and I think they came close to calling more fouls on the player trying to fight over a moving screen than they did on the moving screeners. I think the girls just got gun shy about trying to go over. Switching worked great in the second half since neither team was playing big anyway.

Obviously the officiating was far, far, far from a top 3 problem in this game, however.

I think the bigger issue on the officiating side was OU is very good defensively at keeping their hands up and making contact and bumping with their bodies, especially on attacks to the basket. They bump just enough as the shooter is going airborne to knock them off balance but not enough to be an obvious foul. The freshman I thought had a tough time dealing with that contact.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Obviously the officiating was far, far, far from a top 3 problem in this game, however.

Obviously. The team had their own problems. The horrendous officiating certainly didn't help the situation, either, however. It was just flat-out bad. You have to play a better game than ISU did to overcome ****** zebras. Cyclones were most fortunate that the opponent on Tuesday wasn't one of the better teams in the league this year. OU scored only two free throws in the final 5:10 of the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron