MLB: Twins Fans...

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Yes, they should... without a doubt... he could provide some pop... what's the damage if he does nothing for a few weeks? You're not losing anything and he could regain some of that pop he used to have...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Felipe has all the talent in the world, and a super nice guy (he introduced me to the lemon ricotta pancakes at Hells Kitchen), I just think the losing in DC got to him and it carried on to the field. I think he could be re-energized if he was thrown into a pennant race, but you never know.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Another factor is Matt Tolbert could very well be back in Aug from his May hand surgery. He beat out Buscher in spring training and played very well as the 1st off the bench at 3 IF positions early in the season. When he comes back, either Everett or Lamb probably get released. The early timetable for a return was after Aug 1, but who knows how something like that heals.

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
I thought this thread was going to be about the debaucle the Twins fans had last night..:sad:

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
The Nationals just released Felipe Lopez. Would you take a flier on him for 2b?
Why are they giving up on him so soon? There must be a good story behind this, cause when he came up from AAA I thought he would be one of the top 5 talents at his position for years to come.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Would he play SS? I think that's where the Twins could use him most... Everett sucks. Between Harris, Macri, and Punto, I think 2b is covered. I also think Casilla is the 2b of the future for the Twins...

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I don't think this isn't the main concern for the Twins. Ideally I would've liked to see them get Aubrey Huff or another guy in the bullpen... There just wasn't anyone to trade for that without jeopardizing the future...

No one expected us to get this far. The plan was to build to 2010 or so. Anything good before that is icing on the cake. I think if we had a much older team then doing "whatever" is the option because you're trying to win the World Series.

For me, just being in 1st place on August 3rd is incredible. I thought we were going to be 4th or 5th in the division this year...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron