chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I believe BJ is the play-by-play man--the color guy is way over the top...
yeah, I do agree ... and here's BJ: "WOW AMAZING Pass by DG!!!" (after 2-handed chest pass on the perimeter.) Color Guy: "That's right, BJ!! Coach Hoiberg really has these guys passing!!!

I'd listen to Walters/Eric but the digital delay vs the radio just doesn't work.

I'm old ... but I really liked whoever with Gary Thompson for the TV broadcasts.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
yeah, I do agree ... and here's BJ: "WOW AMAZING Pass by DG!!!" (after 2-handed chest pass on the perimeter.) Color Guy: "That's right, BJ!! Coach Hoiberg really has these guys passing!!!

I'd listen to Walters/Eric but the digital delay vs the radio just doesn't work.

I'm old ... but I really liked whoever with Gary Thompson for the TV broadcasts.

Dave Armstrong and Gary Thompson were gold together!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Get one of these.Welcome to SportSync - The AM/FM Radio With Sports Audio Delay! Tune in the game, put it on digital delay to match what you are watching on the tube, and plug into the AV input of your home stereo system. Voila, John and Eric instead of BJ. Like $40.

No I don't have one, either. But somebody has thought of it.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Heh, I kinda wish Gus Johnson would have been assigned to Iowa/Iowa State this year, that way, after Scotty's final three, he coulda screamed "THE DAGGER! IM SCOTT CHRISTOPHERSON AND I MAKE BUCKETS!"

Reactions: Doc

ljonea

Dec 18, 2008
DirectTV has a free trial for ESPN Fullcourt Jan. 8-12. The Nebraska game is on 726 tomorrow night (if it isn't blacked out.)

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
CTN and Big 12 Net will be channel 5. Conf games will be on 5 except for KU ESPN2, @ OSU ESPNU, @ Mizzou ESPNU and @ CU which is undecided (prob means a Fox Sports affiliate or Channel 5, although 2 years ago the game at CU was on an obscure channel that I had to go to bar to watch)

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008

Thankfully someone else sees it the way I do! Listening to B.J. Schaben is just atrocious. I liked when Dave Armstrong or Bill Doleman would call the games. Why is ISU stuck with Schaben? In all honesty, he doesn't seem very knowledgeable about what's going on out there on the floor. Plus, he gets confused with names. "Anderson will take it to the hoop...or check that, Ejim is fouled." There are far more talented/qualified people out there to call these games.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I always liked Dave Armstrong whether he was doing our games or other Big XII games

I absolutely loved Dave Armstrong's "Wow!". The best line was during a game where we were getting beat and started making a run - couple baskets and then a steal by Michalik who dribbled up court leading the fast break and Armstrong yells, "WOW! Here comes Michalik!" So exciting. My friends and I went around for a month greeting each other in the school hallways, "Wow! Here comes Ryan!" haha

psi

Dec 28, 2009
I believe BJ is the play-by-play man--the color guy is way over the top...

Most TV announcers are annoying. If they have nothing useful to say about the game keep quiet, don't rehash tidbits about players from the press release.

But at least you can turn the sound down. There's nothing you can do about annoying camera work. Does anyone want to see a 3 second close up of a player's face after every made basket, thereby missing the inbounds play or backcourt action? And if they simply must show the face, have they ever heard of picture in picture?

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
CTN and Big 12 Net will be channel 5. Conf games will be on 5 except for KU ESPN2, @ OSU ESPNU, @ Mizzou ESPNU and @ CU which is undecided (prob means a Fox Sports affiliate or Channel 5, although 2 years ago the game at CU was on an obscure channel that I had to go to bar to watch)

Yeah, games at Colarado have always been odd for TV. Won't have to worry about it after this year, so **** 'em anyway.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron