Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is it really that down? Or should more middling conferences get 2-3 teams instead of being labeled as 1 bid leagues with no exception? Why can’t the big 10 be a 6 bid league if that’s all they deserve.

ACC is down, Pac 12 has like 3 teams and there's no real dominant teams.

Imo it's similar to football season.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If you watch the replay were Mad Fran got the two T's, the ball was in the air right at the 10 second mark, and the NW kid caught it at 10.1 or 10.2 on the clock at most. Maybe a 10 to 15 foot pass. The ref is counting for those 10 seconds, and gave NW the benefit of the doubt on the call. Really after watching it, I cannot blame him, it was just a bang/bang call.
Fran went off with the F bombs, it's amazing that after 13 years coaching at this level that he has not learned that you cannot come unglued on a ref, dropping repeated F bombs and not expect to get at least a T, and then he doubles down and continues to do it and they toss him.

Guy is never going to learn; glad he is the EIU coach and not at ISU.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
If you watch the replay were Mad Fran got the two T's, the ball was in the air right at the 10 second mark, and the NW kid caught it at 10.1 or 10.2 on the clock at most. Maybe a 10 to 15 foot pass. The ref is counting for those 10 seconds, and gave NW the benefit of the doubt on the call. Really after watching it, I cannot blame him, it was just a bang/bang call.
Fran went off with the F bombs, it's amazing that after 13 years coaching at this level that he has not learned that you cannot come unglued on a ref, dropping repeated F bombs and not expect to get at least a T, and then he doubles down and continues to do it and they toss him.

It is just like the play clock in the NFL.

The trail official has the clock. Sees :20, looks at the action and play on if the ball is ok. How many times do we see the NFL play clock hit :00 and the ball snapped and no delay of game called?

Go get more family T's. Make a new tradition.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Don't worry there's always a nice blend of MF and CS blended in.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Those that keep talking about Marge, I'm telling you that I could hear a woman screaming behind Dolph on the radio when Fran got booted.
I don't know if it was her but it was very audible.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Most clocks, and shot clocks, that I've seen click down a second immediately. Think about when you see the clocks that read the tenths or hundreds of seconds. Does the clock read 1.3 seconds when there is only 0.3 seconds left? Or does it read 0.3? The shot clock will read 30 immediately when it is reset, one tenth or hundredth (depending on the set up) after that it clicks to 29. So to have a ten second call using the shot clock. It actually needs to be the tenth of second before it clicks to 19, Basically it needs to have said 20 seconds for 9 tenths of a second while it reads 20. Why it seems like there is a delay for the horn when the shot clock reads 0. It still has 9 tenths to go.

So with that knowledge, it was not a 10 second violation. So Fran got booted for being a moron and not knowing how clocks work.

• Informative
Reactions: CyclonesRock