Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Good for Iowa, that was an exciting game. Depending on what bracket you look at, they might have done us a favor as Indiana may have been a team we're competing for a seed with. Plus our blowout of Iowa keeps looking better.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Meh. Just think of all the conference tournament championships we've won in the last ten years while theyve sat on their couch and watched. Sun shines on a dog's *** every 30 years.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It took 14 threes, 12 from Murray and JorBo and Indiana shooting 25% from three to get Iowa to beat bubble team Hoosiers at the buzzer.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It took 14 threes, 12 from Murray and JorBo and Indiana shooting 25% from three to get Iowa to beat bubble team Hoosiers at the buzzer.
It’s hard to imagine ever losing a game when your main guy goes 8-10 from 3. They almost did today.

Reactions: dahliaclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This guy is a bohannon fan. That makes 2 now.

My family back home thankfully are Iowa fans but not Hok fans. They understand that last summer Bobo simply got in the wrong guy's face and paid for it.

He now has:
1. Signed and tweeted shoes on the court of a 20 loss team.

2. Hit a wide open shot to send a marginal basketball team home from the conference tourney in maybe one of the worst years for the B1G in a decade.

3. Blew a kiss to the host crowd as his team got smoked.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Was yesterday really the first time a Fran lead iowa team has won consecutive games at the big ten tournament? Now another W today? Setting records in year 12!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I told friends this week that this Iowa season has this feeling of our season when we had close conf tourney games and great finishes. Good team that everyone and their dog jumped on the bandwagon on once we won it in KC then we choked vs UAB. Iowa is good. Sometimes very good. But I’m still not sold on them winning 2+ in the tourney. We shall see!

Iirc ISU literally didn't even lead until the buzzer sounded vs. Texas that year and had to come back in the other two games but the hindsight of how 'great' they were playing fabricates that team's reality.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He made big shots for sure at the end but I'm still wondering what % wanted him back.
Shockingly it's going ignored by more than one Hawk fan.

JorBo’s own teammate’s didn’t even want him back….. why would any of the fans?

And yes, I have that on good authority…. people here in the CR area that know the Murray’s personally. Nobody wanted JorBo back.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iirc ISU literally didn't even lead until the buzzer sounded vs. Texas that year and had to come back in the other two games but the hindsight of how 'great' they were playing fabricates that team's reality.

That whole season not just in KC. I think we came back from double digit deficits over ten times. And all three games in KC. We were down 17 to ku in the final

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

And yes, I have that on good authority…. people here in the CR area that know the Murray’s personally. Nobody wanted JorBo back.
It's apparently a very difficult question for Iowa fans that hang around CF while Iowa plays postseason basketball.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Well one thing is clear. Nobody was willing to pay him to play basketball.

Reactions: Nococy

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I wish anyone but Bohannon would've made that last shot. What a puke. Keegan Murray is absolutely incredible though. Best college scorer I've seen in a very long time