Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Only problem I have with that is I have 0 idea who's gonna score for them in the game. Murray got shut down last night and nobody on that team could guard anything. We know the blueprint on how to beat them. Once we get a little lead and beat them down a little they'll quit
The key to beating Iowa is surviving the first 10 minutes. Iowa loves to start fast and play loose, take that away from them and they will fold.

Reactions: GMackey32

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Only problem I have with that is I have 0 idea who's gonna score for them in the game. Murray got shut down last night and nobody on that team could guard anything. We know the blueprint on how to beat them. Once we get a little lead and beat them down a little they'll quit
Foul trouble is the only thing I see as a wild card. We know with 3 McCafe's pissin'and moanin' from start to finish the officials seem to sometimes inexplicably give them what they want. o_O

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
People thought Kris would be Keegan and that their trash role players would suddenly be things they never were
he is getting 19 points per game and 9 rebounds, so he is pretty good. Perkins against Holmes will be a good matchup.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Tcu just physically dominated us. There were past Fran teams that we could score enough to split with these types of teams like Michigan State, Purdue types that are always bigger more athletic but thing that worries me about this team is I'm not sure we have 1 great shooter. Simply put have to defend this year

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
he is getting 19 points per game and 9 rebounds, so he is pretty good. Perkins against Holmes will be a good matchup.
Now do how he does against good competition...

Against Clemson (who really isn't even that good) and TCU he was 8-31 overall, 2-11 from three, and a total of 21 points.

Not saying he's bad...but his 19/9 is a bit wonky when you look deeper.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Now do how he does against good competition...

Against Clemson (who really isn't even that good) and TCU he was 8-31 overall, 2-11 from three, and a total of 21 points.

Not saying he's bad...but his 19/9 is a bit wonky when you look deeper.
Wow, I didn't realize that. Sounds like if we really D him up we have a good chance at preventing him from going off.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
It was funny to watch Fran’s random rotations in that second half vs TCU when they got their doors blown off. His 2nd best and only physical player Perkins was on the bench for an extended run while he’s putting odd combinations of Dix, Sandfort, Ogundele and Connor out there, topped off with Mulvey running up and down chasing TCU’s bigs for a brief spell. It was cover your eyes bad.

As opposed to this board freaking out, myself included, when TJ went 3 minutes vs Nova with Lipsey, Grill, Watson, Kunc and Bob Jones.
I pay very little attention to hok athletics (on purpose), but they actually have a kid with the same name as Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend?

Oops, NM. My bad, her name was Dolores.

Reactions: VeloClone

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It is always shocking to see how year after year a D1 program can have so many weak, soft kids. Most of their players have arms that look like a bunch of 12 year olds. It’s like Fran is some HS coach in the 1990s arguing with the football coach because he doesn’t want the kids lifting weights because it will wreck their shots.
Resurrecting this tweet for the LOLs:

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
How the **** was Iowa ranked?
I'm pretty sure it's a media requirement to rank at least 10 of the 14 B1G teams in the top 25 to start the season. They are planting the seeds for getting as many into the March madness as possible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron