Top 5 Kiss songs

woodymiller

May 19, 2011
No love for "Shout It Out Loud?" What about "Tears Are Falling?" In response to the haters; true- KISS will never win any awards for their song writing mastery, but to their credit they are one of the BEST LIVE BANDS OF ALL TIME. Their song writing was completely focused on how everything would look & sound with pyrotechnics. The fact that the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame continues to deny their entry is utter B.S.

If you take issue with their costumes, consider these other acts:

Kurt Cobaine in a dress
Maynard James Keenan wearing a bra
Gwar
Slipknot
Twisted Sister
Marilyn Manson
Madonna's "cones"
Annie Lennox in a suit
ZZ Top beards
RHCP sox on cox

So some performers like to play dress up. That's just Rock N Roll, baby.

WHAT DOES ZZ TOPS BEARDS HAVE TO DO WITH THEIR "COSTUMES"? DO U REALIZE THE DRUMMER HAD NO BEARD BUT HIS LAST NAME IS BEARD?

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
I liked their early stuff from the 70's and early 80's ( Destroyer a classic!). Lick It Up and Heaven's on Fire were not my favorites, but hugely successful for them. I don't get the love for Strutter, but whatever... I was not a big fan of Gene's voice, so the song's with more Paul and Peter I liked better.

1. Love Gun
2. Beth- Peter Chris
3. Detroit Rock City
4. I Was Made For Lovin'
5. Shout It Out Loud
6. Hard Luck Women
7. New York Grove- Ace Frehley
8. Rock and Roll All Nite
9. Calling Dr. Love
10. God Of Thunder

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkLOrfDAo4]YouTube - ‪Kiss Love Gun‬‏[/ame]

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
1. Let Me Go, Rock and Roll
2. Rock Bottom
3. Shock Me
4. Firehouse
5. Hotter than Hell

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Dude, you're holding that guitar like Roy Rogers! Props for posting that though- classic.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I convinced the wife to make "Forever" our 1st dance at our wedding reception. Actually, it was a compromise. My first choice was Neil Diamond's Girl you'll be a woman soon.

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
First rock concert I ever attended was KISS in CR, in October 1979. The lead act was non other than John Cougar. Awesome concert and I was in the front row on the floor in front of Paul Stanley all night. They are not my fav band, but that was probably the best concert (out of ~60-70) that I ever attended...... man, what a show!!! Those were the days ..... when you could see a top act for about 10 bucks.

That was my first rock concert too! I was 6 years old and went with my family. The first of MANY KISS shows I've seen.

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa
My first Kiss concert, I went to see the Pope at the little church north of Bevington during the day and KISS that night. Not sure which direction I will be going tomorrow on judgement day. :wideeyed:

ferdnand1

Mar 24, 2006
kiss sucks. one of the most overrated bands of all time. they make themselves out to be such a bad@$$ band but they sound and look like a bunch of fairies. nothing says tough like the dynasty album cover. i mean seriously, one of the guys intentionally painted his face to look like the lovechild of a panda and a basset hound.
moz-screenshot.png
their 40-yr history dwarfs anything you may like, like all the grunge bands from the early 1990's who sucked. oooh Let's be depressed all the time and wallow in self-pity and listen to grunge! other than a couple good songs by Pearl Jam and Nirvana, there is a reason why no radio station features the genre. It ain't marketable.

KISS apparently still is marketable:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
1. “Strutterâ€
2. “I Stole Your Love†(“Alive II†version)
3. “Detroit Rock City†(complete studio version)
4. “Makin’ Loveâ€
5. “100,000 Years†(“Alive!†version)
Others in Top 10:
Take Me
Firehouse
Calling Dr. Love
Deuce
God of Thunder (from “Alive IIâ€)

Overrated: Rock and Roll All Nite; Beth
Underrated: Rocket Ride, C’mon and Love Me, Shock Me (live version)

I can’t include anything post-makeup, although “Lick It Up†has held up pretty well.

Best song with one-note guitar solo by Ace Frehley: Eh, that’s another thread entirely. :v_SPIN:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I remember getting the sticker of the album cover from Rock and Roll Over...

Me, too. I put it on a mirror in my room.

Mirror long gone. :(

I should've kept it un-peeled. Still my favorite Kiss studio album.

Do you remember the paper gun in the "Love Gun" album? That was somewhat less ... appealing :smile:

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Overrated: Rock and Roll All Nite; Beth
Underrated: Rocket Ride, C’mon and Love Me, Shock Me (live version)

I like KISS but Rock and Roll All Nite is one of the most overrated songs ever. They have a couple parts and then say I Want to Rock and Roll All Nite and Party Everyday 12 times in a row.

Rocket Ride is great..."I got the rocket and you want the ride." I'm sure there was no sexual innuendo with that song, KISS would never do that lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron