Tired

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Campbell doesn't seem to mind the early season losses. I think he uses them (and key plays like getting stuffed on 4th and 1) to motivate the players. It's worked in the past. Hopefully it will work again this season.
Yes, this is true...but Cyclone fans want, more than anything... WINS against Iowa. I don't think Campbell shares that same "want" that the fans do. Not against Iowa. It sure doesn't look like it anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: joefrog

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Who says kohl isn't ready? I don't think it matters, it's preposterous to think he's going to sit behind Rocco for 3 years.

Because he's not ready right now doesn't mean he won't be ready at some point.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
As someone who has spent the vast majority of their adult life outside Iowa, I don't really get bent out of shape about losing to them. For me, the fun with a coach runs out when you see them hit their ceiling and refuse to change. That's what I'm taking away from this game. In sports, you lose. But if you're not willing to consider that there might be alternatives to what you're doing when you lose, what's the point?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just went an listened to Matt's press conference.... so maddening. Just had me fuming.

So proud of this team BS... because they're all almost freshmen or RS freshmen? Why are we that young Matt? That's on you! Where are all the experienced juniors and seniors that should be starting now after having worked their way up? Just so frustrating listening to him. He doesn't sound upset at all about losing this game once again. Just smiles, says how proud he is of losing, and credits KF for beating his a** yet again.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Same. Starting to rethink my donation to the collective. Being a cyclone football fan is exhausting.

If we win 3 or 4 games... the financial hit will be large unfortunately.... but totally understood.

Fans don't like watching the same BS year after year... the same stupid mistakes over and over again. And especially not trying to win the game.

In the postgame he said he wanted to do that drive correctly instead of rushing it. Fine, but that's exactly what Iowa wanted you to do dumb s**t. You only succeeded in that drive because Iowa gave it to you. They went into prevent and wanted you to dink and dunk it down the field and kill the clock. Are you that stupid? You were played.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Who says kohl isn't ready? I don't think it matters, it's preposterous to think he's going to sit behind Rocco for 3 years.
Of course he won't, he may not be here next summer if Becht is the starter coming out of Spring ball. No QB is sitting 4 years if they can help it.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
If we win 3 or 4 games... the financial hit will be large unfortunately.... but totally understood.

Fans don't like watching the same BS year after year... the same stupid mistakes over and over again. And especially not trying to win the game.

In the postgame he said he wanted to do that drive correctly instead of rushing it. Fine, but that's exactly what Iowa wanted you to do dumb s**t. You only succeeded in that drive because Iowa gave it to you. They went into prevent and wanted you to dink and dunk it down the field and kill the clock. Are you that stupid? You were played.
Matt is a moron. Needs to be fired.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Of course he won't, he may not be here next summer if Becht is the starter coming out of Spring ball. No QB is sitting 4 years if they can help it.

Kohl might be 3rd string next season... behind Becht and Moberly.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Just went an listened to Matt's press conference.... so maddening. Just had me fuming.

So proud of this team BS... because they're all almost freshmen or RS freshmen? Why are we that young Matt? That's on you! Where are all the experienced juniors and seniors that should be starting now after having worked their way up? Just so frustrating listening to him. He doesn't sound upset at all about losing this game once again. Just smiles, says how proud he is of losing, and credits KF for beating his a** yet again.
Matt must get turned on by it.

clonestuckincedarrapids

Sep 7, 2017

Exactly. Manning was an idiot, but maybe the real problem lies elsewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
About out of patience with the Campbell era, gotta be honest. Watching today’s game was frickin brutal. Not eager to sit through something like that again. And to gd EIU, arghhh!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes, this is true...but Cyclone fans want, more than anything... WINS against Iowa. I don't think Campbell shares that same "want" that the fans do. Not against Iowa. It sure doesn't look like it anyway.

I don't know when the generational shift is going to happen but this just can't be the case any more after what ISU's done over the last 10-15 years in beating multiple Top Ten teams etc.

Help Support Us

Become a patron