Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I saw a comment on the CC fan page (Keith Murphy page on Facebook) that an Iowa fan said “it’s clear Cameron Brink isn’t much of a threat” or something like that. Total blinders on for these people.
Yeah she's going to be a good player. Not the most physical but has good moves in the post and can shoot from outside. I didn't see much of her in college but I like her game.

Reactions: chadly82

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
If u think it is absurb, please ask black ex-wnba players and minority sportscasters. They went negative at the start and are now relatively quiet. Ask iowa fans what they think about SC's head coach and their players.

I am shocked, that as a liberal, u can't see this That's absurd.

Yeah Iowa fans (and quite a few Iowans in general) are racist. Has nothing to do with your claim.

What you said was stupid

Reactions: keepngoal

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah she's going to be a good player. Not the most physical but has good moves in the post and can shoot from outside. I didn't see much of her in college but I like her game.

She played Audi head to head in NCAA mostly direct matchup and they neutralized each other into very bad games while the other top players on both teams had insane games barely missing a shot.

She did nothing on offense because she wasn't strong enough to score on any ISU defender, but her length defending Audi limited her into a very poor game when she went for 40+ the prior game.

Brink fouled out really early (they could have called her for 2x as many fouls as they did) and she lobbed several F bombs directly at the officials that were caught on the broadcast. She was also visibly crying. Probably the most unlikeable athlete I've seen in a decade or so.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
She played Audi head to head in NCAA mostly direct matchup and they neutralized each other into very bad games while the other top players on both teams had insane games barely missing a shot.

She did nothing on offense because she wasn't strong enough to score on any ISU defender, but her length defending Audi limited her into a very poor game when she went for 40+ the prior game.

Brink fouled out really early (they could have called her for 2x as many fouls as they did) and she lobbed several F bombs directly at the officials that were caught on the broadcast. She was also visibly crying. Probably the most unlikeable athlete I've seen in a decade or so.
Kiki Iriafen was a much better big against us anyway

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I think that was one of the few times I saw her play. Surprised her length bothered AC like that, she has such a high release on her shot. That turnaround fadeaway from around the free throw line is pretty killer.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah and had 15/9 last night but just not as good defensively as she will be as she gets better

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Can't believe we are ignoring the fact the cc dominated on the glass last night. Sure looks like she is adjusting quickly

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

She is even "classier" than CC.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I'm not a ref. But I don't know how Brink didn't get herself tossed for that.

Sure, players swear on the court. A few F-bombs for emphasis...

"WTF ref...?!?"

Some John McEnroe sort of, "Are you ******* kidding me?"

...is a bit uncouth for a brand of basketball specifically marketed as friendly to families and especially young women and girls, but, eh, they're adults and playing with passion so it's fine.

But Brink screamed "**** YOU!" right at an official.

I don't know how that wasn't immediately responded to with the instruction from said official that Ms. Brink can enjoy the rest of the game from the comforts of the locker room.

You can contest calls. You can swear. But I thought that as soon as you directly insult an official, then you were rightfully a goner, or at least that was how my high school baseball coach explained it.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The WNBA has a huge problem, the refs are horrendous. They belong reffing intramural sports not professional women’s basketball.

Reactions: chadly82

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

And a subset of Clark’s fervent fans have become fully unbearable.

Anywhere one turns on social media, Clark fans are blaming the Fever’s early-season struggles – which had been expected – on everyone but her. Disparaging comments about Boston’s weight and game, the rest of Clark’s Fever teammates and calls for head coach Christie Sides to get fired are constant. Yet those same Clark fans don’t demand accountability from the point guard when it comes to her setting a WNBA debut-record 10 turnovers, her below average defensive play and her zest for perimeter shooting, something she had free rein to do at Iowa but needs to scale back until she improves her consistency at the WNBA level. Clark’s occasional volatile temper, which earned her a rare technical foul last Monday night, is glossed over by her rabid supporters who treat her as an infallible celebrity instead of a still-developing professional player.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

And a subset of Clark’s fervent fans have become fully unbearable.

Anywhere one turns on social media, Clark fans are blaming the Fever’s early-season struggles – which had been expected – on everyone but her. Disparaging comments about Boston’s weight and game, the rest of Clark’s Fever teammates and calls for head coach Christie Sides to get fired are constant. Yet those same Clark fans don’t demand accountability from the point guard when it comes to her setting a WNBA debut-record 10 turnovers, her below average defensive play and her zest for perimeter shooting, something she had free rein to do at Iowa but needs to scale back until she improves her consistency at the WNBA level. Clark’s occasional volatile temper, which earned her a rare technical foul last Monday night, is glossed over by her rabid supporters who treat her as an infallible celebrity instead of a still-developing professional player.
Wow. Talking about the Hok posters in here. Face the truth, Hokroaches--everyone knows about you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron