Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Also it’s really dumb to still be doing the first two rounds as home games. I get it 10 years ago where fan interest isn’t what it is now. But it’s silly to have NCAA tournament games in true road environments, and they’d have plenty of people at neutral sites.
Especially when you think about a game like Indiana vs Oklahoma. That's 2 top 20 teams and one has to win a road game to advance to the sweet 16

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Great call here. NCAA setting up Iowa opponents to play the role of Washington Generals with outcomes already pre-determined.

View attachment 126363
It is totally ridiculous that ESPN had a Caitlin Clark highlight. When was the last time ESPN had a highlight of player who shot 8-22 from field and 5-14 from 3 pts? The two plays where Clark made shots and supposedly fouled, she wasn’t even touched.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What were the free throw totals tonight?

Free throws were 22 to 5 when WVU had to start fouling to stop the clock.

WVU was an agressive team but not much more physical than Iowa. Who knows if it's just typical home team or protecting the ratings bonanza. I know during the game against ISU I saw CC talk to refs and they changed a call which I have never seen before in any level of basketball that a player got to change a call.

Neither team was playing as well as ISU or Stanford, I don't think any impartial observer could honestly say Iowa played better, maybe that they played evenly.

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
WVU had plenty of chances. They basically didn’t let Iowa score in the second quarter but failed to score themselves. In a game like this in Iowa City, you have to figure you need to win by around 10 to actually win by 1. Fouls will not go your way and there will be a crazy free throw disparity.
And ToE makes their free throws at an excellent clip. Unfortunately if ISU had shot Iowa's ft percentage yesterday they win their game in regulation easily.

Reactions: KidSilverhair

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Been happening for decades.

Ed Hightower and Teddy Valentine have banners hanging from the rafters at Carver.

…..Which by the way are at Ground Level because the place is a Hole-in-the-Ground.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This morning on Kxno there's a lot of Jordan comparisons (but they're all about his pro career).
Comparing CC's demeanor to his, The Last Dance, etc. His hate of Isaiah Thomas, bossing around teammates, complaining to refs.
I guess I just think there can be a separation of college vs pro and lumping them together is weird and unnecessary.

I just don't know why we can't say "she's one of the greatest college players ever."

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This morning on Kxno there's a lot of Jordan comparisons (but they're all about his pro career).
Comparing CC's demeanor to his, The Last Dance, etc. His hate of Isaiah Thomas, bossing around teammates, complaining to refs.
I guess I just think there can be a separation of college vs pro and lumping them together is weird and unnecessary.

I just don't know why we can't say "she's one of the greatest college players ever."
Update: now a comparison to Kobe and Lebron.

Those guys didn't even play college basketball.