Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just reposting lest anyone forgets. For all of five minutes, the world didn't bow down to queen caitlin.

View attachment 126292

When CC was whining and complaining right before her Dad had to yell at her to stop it.... was she complaining to the official, or was it towards her Dad?

If it was to her Dad.... that's even more pathetic. You are in college and you are an adult... and you're whining to Daddy during the game? What do you want him to do for you at that point? Plus... grow up!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Since they let the top women’s players act this way, do they want it to be a cross between a soap opera and WWE?

I was thinking that last night seeing Brink just act like a psychotic maniac the whole game. When we played CC I was amazed how she basically officiated the game, Brink was even worse but eventually they did foul her out. She had so many long talks with the refs then telling them "F off" as she left. It was so insane I wondered if that's the future of WBB...like real housewives where they let them go psycho instead of calling a quick easy tech like they'd get 100% of the time in mbb or nba.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I doubt if even hawk lover ref Eddy Hightower would put up with Clark

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Wrong …. She is universally disliked…. Only sukeye people refuse to accept the trash she actually is. Even her own father is fed up with her constant bitchin n moaning and disrespectful attitude. It’s time YOU acknowledge it, and time for her to GTFO of college basketball
I sure hope this isn’t for real. If this is your honest reaction than it’s time for you to to find something else yo do for awhile.

Reactions: ClubCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Literally a fraction of the headlines I've seen today/yesterday about CC, not including local or ESPN, have been about her complaining to the refs. One by some Barstool dude from Ohio and the NY Post. The rest have been the same stuff about her changing the game.

How specifically has she changed the game? Not being snarky, I'd really like to know.

Has the game actually changed with how people play? Are they going to change some rules because of her?

• Winner
Reactions: Candide

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How specifically has she changed the game? Not being snarky, I'd really like to know.

Has the game actually changed with how people play? Are they going to change some rules because of her?

It's called the "Clark Effect". It has made whining, crying, and being overly dramatic perfectly acceptable behavior for young girls hoping to follow in her footsteps. It's sad.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I think they did already change a rule with technicals after the call against her in last year's natty game v. LSU.

I also think you'll probably see a lot of young players try expanding their shooting range, she kind of created the "logo 3" as a thing.

And you can't deny what she's done in terms of increasing interest in WBB overall. Schools that averaged <5,000 attendance pulling in 18,000 to see her play. That's pretty cool.

• Puke
Reactions: WartburgClone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So if I go somewhere and bleed my dysfunction onto everyone around me, I improve things?

Nice!
I pretty much just watch Iowa State games in women’s basketball, some Notre Dame, so I can’t tell who originated constant whining and cursing with refs. Clearly CC and Brink have taken up the cause, as well as Mulkey’s team

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think they did already change a rule with technicals after the call against her in last year's natty game v. LSU.

I also think you'll probably see a lot of young players try expanding their shooting range, she kind of created the "logo 3" as a thing.

And you can't deny what she's done in terms of increasing interest in WBB overall. Schools that averaged <5,000 attendance pulling in 18,000 to see her play. That's pretty cool.

So they're allowing delaying a game? That's the rule?

Reactions: MJ29 and Cyhig

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

What a horrible rule. She deserved that technical last year... just as she deserved another one the other day when the official asked for the ball and she head butted the ball into the crowd. It's total BS, and childish behavior that NOBODY should accept. But Gonzo is okay with it apparently. Not a shock.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What a horrible rule. She deserved that technical last year... just as she deserved another one the other day when the official asked for the ball and she head butted the ball into the crowd. It's total BS, and childish behavior that NOBODY should accept. But Gonzo is okay with it apparently. Not a shock.
He asked if they changed any rules because of her, I posted an example of one they did. Nowhere did I say I whether I agreed with it or not. Lol, man you're so touchy.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I noticed a few times Stanford after a made basket would “toss” the ball out bounds, letting them get back on defense.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He asked if they changed any rules because of her, I posted an example of one they did. Nowhere did I say I whether I agreed with it or not. Lol, man you're so touchy.

So... do you agree with it or not?

Should CC have been given a T the other day when she head butted the ball into the crowd? Surely you can agree that she should have, right? Or do you just throw all rules and behavior out the window when a Hawkeye athlete violates them?

Do you agree that the correct call was made against Cooper DeJean on the punt return... or do the rules not apply to him either since he's a Hawkeye?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So... do you agree with it or not?

Should CC have been given a T the other day when she head butted the ball into the crowd? Surely you can agree that she should have, right? Or do you just throw all rules and behavior out the window when a Hawkeye athlete violates them?

Do you agree that the correct call was made against Cooper DeJean on the punt return... or do the rules not apply to him either since he's a Hawkeye?
Yep.

Nope.

Anything else you want to hear? Lol.