Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Hawk fans are just that way.

At my son’s orientation at ISU several years ago, another kid’s Dad was all decked out in Hawkeye gear. Everyone was gathered in a big auditorium in one of the Engineering buildings (Black I believe), and right before it starts, this guy yells “Go Hawks!”.

His son was so embarrassed of his d-bag Dad. Nobody in the auditorium said anything, or booed him, but there was just this big kind of like moan…. or sigh. Everyone was kind of like…. “oh great, not another one of these Hawkeye idiots…. our day is ruined.”.
Can't remember which bowl game it was, but I was in Galena, Ill at a bar watching the game. The wait staff asked which team I was rooting for, so they started rooting for Iowa State as well. In the fourth quarter, this guy in an Iowa coat came in, sat down at the bar, looked at the TV and said, "Turn that sh*t off." Bartenders and wait staff told him to find another place to drink.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Hawk fans are just that way.

At my son’s orientation at ISU several years ago, another kid’s Dad was all decked out in Hawkeye gear. Everyone was gathered in a big auditorium in one of the Engineering buildings (Black I believe), and right before it starts, this guy yells “Go Hawks!”.

His son was so embarrassed of his d-bag Dad. Nobody in the auditorium said anything, or booed him, but there was just this big kind of like moan…. or sigh. Everyone was kind of like…. “oh great, not another one of these Hawkeye idiots…. our day is ruined.”.
Goodness. Yep, THAT is suckeye behavior. Just absolutely nothing douchier in this world than this specific guy and the many, many, MANY suckeye douchers that act just like this. Just a total chode.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Because most Clone fans are decent people and don't feel the need to constantly go out of their way to talk **** to Hawkeye fans? I live in Texas and see Hawkeye fans and don't really approach them.
However, I was in a drive thru line last year and someone was honking at me from behind. I lowered my window to see what the issue was and that douche just yells "Go Hawks!" because he saw my ISU license plate holder.
Same thing happens if any Hawkeye fans see me around wearing ISU shirts. Like, how insecure are you? I see your Iowa shirt, or license plate, etc and could not give two ***** about it, even less waste a minute of my day acknowledging it.
Hawk fans are very insecure people. They view ISU as a threat to their way of life. That's why they feel like they have to yell "go hawks" all the time. So glad ISU is above that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Was it 2011? Cause the exact same thing happened at one of my son’s engineering orientations. It happened with one of his brothers too, I think it was maybe the 2015 one, but by then I had prior experience and knew to expect Hawk dad insecurity.

I'm terrible with dates, but 2015 would have been about right. My son graduated from ISU in Dec of 2019 I believe.

Reactions: carvers4math

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm terrible with dates, but 2015 would have been about right. My son graduated from ISU in Dec of 2019 I believe.
Jan 18 2016. I know, because I was in the ADA section, still in a wheelchair after foot surgery. I was still able to jump up and get excited, but I tried not to because I would get tangled up in the footrests, and hopping on one foot isn't as easy in your sixties!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And then you always see Hawkeye fans decked out in Hawkeye gear at ISU bowl games too. I've never heard of ISU fans going to Iowa bowl games decked out in ISU gear.... is that a thing?

At the Alamo Bowl years ago there was that idiot Hawk fan decked out in Iowa gear from head to toe in the crowd yelling "Go Hawks" at the top of his lungs... and they even showed the d-bag on the scoreboard video at least once.

I would NEVER pay a cent to go attend an Iowa bowl game.... why? And then act like a total moron... why?

Look at that 70+ year old guy that was at the Liberty Bowl this year in all Iowa gear AND his face painted with a Hawk... he had to have mental issues.... seriously, right?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And then you always see Hawkeye fans decked out in Hawkeye gear at ISU bowl games too. I've never heard of ISU fans going to Iowa bowl games decked out in ISU gear.... is that a thing?

At the Alamo Bowl years ago there was that idiot Hawk fan decked out in Iowa gear from head to toe in the crowd yelling "Go Hawks" at the top of his lungs... and they even showed the d-bag on the scoreboard video at least once.

I would NEVER pay a cent to go attend an Iowa bowl game.... why? And then act like a total moron... why?

Look at that 70+ year old guy that was at the Liberty Bowl this year in all Iowa gear AND his face painted with a Hawk... he had to have mental issues.... seriously, right?
Didn't see him, but we had a family of Hawkeyes sitting near us in the stands. I'm with you. I wouldn't pay a dime to go to a Hawkeye bowl game. I don't wear Cyclone gear to games that don't involve us either...except at tournaments when I'm watching the game immediately before/after our game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
??? I’m not sure what you’re getting at but I belong to both the 247 and ON3 sites. Neither have threads like what are on here, I.e. this one, F**k Iowa, iowa FB Recruiting, etc. The 247 Site started one up a year or so ago that simply makes fun of all the things said on these types of threads. I honestly don’t see the hatred of all things ISU over there that I see here.

This site is like 20x more active than any individual Iowa board. There are too many of them and they’re all dead. When the Iowa rivals board was thriving the fans there were identical to fans here. This is all in your head.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m not going to pretend CC is average. When I looked up MJ’s technicals it talked about MJ purposely getting technicals to change the way the game was being called. That’s what the announcers mentioned when CC got hers as what she was really upset about was the 3 pointer not being called good when she was fouled earlier. Here’s a list of the all time NBA leaders in technicals:

Top 8 players with the most technical fouls in NBA history
  1. Karl Malone (332)
  2. Charles Barkley (329) ...
  3. Rasheed Wallace (317) ...
  4. Gary Payton (250) ...
  5. Dennis Rodman (212) ...
  6. Russell Westbrook (172) ...
  7. Kevin Garnett (172) ...
  8. Kobe Bryant (166) ...
They aren’t average players. As someone else mentioned the great players typically take a beating with double teams, etc. Who’s more likely to get upset on the court, a star player being double teamed or the player the other team sags off of?

It’s a crossover of great players and intentionally dirty players. Kobe is the only one I’d hesitate to call intentionally dirty but he def had an attitude. Malone would knee guys in the balls every game as his signature move and a glimpse at his personal life reveals a horrible person.

Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are just a couple recent examples of a great players who don’t play dirty at all. The two can overlap but don’t have to.

Reactions: GTO

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I hear you. I went to four engineering orientations, so hard to remember which was which after the first. But that makes two out of four for me on doosher ******* Hawk dads at engineering orientation

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
??? I’m not sure what you’re getting at but I belong to both the 247 and ON3 sites. Neither have threads like what are on here, I.e. this one, F**k Iowa, iowa FB Recruiting, etc. The 247 Site started one up a year or so ago that simply makes fun of all the things said on these types of threads. I honestly don’t see the hatred of all things ISU over there that I see here.

Reactions: chadly82

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

There was one at a USC game at Notre Dame Stadium. People behind us were laughing about it

• Haha
Reactions: clonedude

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
You think before CC and Brock that Iowa football fans and general sports radio/print/web media consumers in Iowa followed women's college basketball more closely than the NFL? Sorry but that's absolutely entirely impossible. I mean that's absurd.

Iowa fans (and a lot of other local Iowans) are suddenly bandwagon WBB fans when they really weren't before, ISU fans are suddenly NFL/49ers fans even if they weren't before...but a MASSIVE portion of college football fans (Cyclones and Hawkeyes) have always and will always followed NFL, not the case with WBB.

Nationally the stories are at least comparable in terms of random sports fan interest, I'm being incredibly generous to the CC groupies in Iowa because I'm telling you on the west coast there's absolutely no way Brock is less of a story, I mean it's a massively bigger story in sports media what he has done. I'd agree for people who are not sports fans and just likes to see women's empowerment that CC is probably a bigger story and something non sports media would be more interested in...that's not sports media consumers though.

How many Iowa football fans watch any Iowa high women's Iowa high school basketball? How many watched CC's high school games? CC and Brock both played their full college careers in the state, Brock is possibly the most beloved athlete in ISU fb history. This "she's local and Brock was a hired gun from out of state we have no connection with" is also completely ridiculous, ffs Brock was back riding a combine with his fiance on his bye week. If a Hawkeye did what Brock has done as a QB it'd be the top story every monday in local media...ZERO DOUBT, I would bet my life on it stress free.

I have no inferiority complex. It's just the truth that the local media has always been unabashed Hawkeye homers. Like I said, it what makes Cyclone Fanatic's business model a success. It's why this board is so much better than the vast majority of others including all the Iowa sites, they don't need their version of CF because all the legacy media is hawkeye media.
The bolded couldn’t happen since Hok fans are more accurate throwing keystone light than any TOE quarterback throwing a football since Chuck Long.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It is such a strange phenomenon. People who never attended Iowa seem to be the loudest, most obnoxious, and proud of being fans of them. When I lived in Iowa I knew a few guys who never went to Iowa but still got their Fred Flinstone tattoos.

And yes, even in Texas I'm likely to see one of their dumb fans in full Hok gear at an ISU game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron