This kid is a sophomore?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Perhaps the most vacuous form of intelligence is that void of spiritual insight. There can be no denial of the fact that study of the Scriptures sharpens the discerning powers. It is the only true guide in all matters of faith and practice. Those grounded in rational cognition recognize that liberalism fuels such a spiritual void. It has become a plague on our land and an acid to our soul corroding every human container in which it is carried! It sears our conscience cauterizing it in such a way as to make it impenetrable by truth, wisdom, faith and fear of the Lord and creates a vortex of cognitive dysfunction into which many have so obviously fallen.

Ok, psycho.

• Dislike
Reactions: Seedman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Perhaps the most vacuous form of intelligence is that void of spiritual insight. There can be no denial of the fact that study of the Scriptures sharpens the discerning powers. It is the only true guide in all matters of faith and practice. Those grounded in rational cognition recognize that liberalism fuels such a spiritual void. It has become a plague on our land and an acid to our soul corroding every human container in which it is carried! It sears our conscience cauterizing it in such a way as to make it impenetrable by truth, wisdom, faith and fear of the Lord and creates a vortex of cognitive dysfunction into which many have so obviously fallen.

love your avatar bro

• Winner
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
I don't know if ProhmDate intended to go fishing for fools or not, but he caught a few in SolarGarlic and ribsnwhiskey! Obviously, they were anxious to prove they're prime examples of cognitive dysfunction!

Last edited:

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
. . . I'm sure God is really concerned about what goes on in a football stadium with all the other stuff going on in the world right now.
. . ..
God is infinite enough to be concerned about basically-inconsequential things at the same time as world-changing issues; and in ways that are different from and sometimes beyond our understanding.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
well liberalism is condemned by the church and so is libertarianism in fact (but so is modernism etc.)
but the fix is not to abandon liberalism
its to inspire Faith and love of God
a good argument always has a solution

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
literally no one is staying anything about being a christian is bad. its "christians" being over protective about their faith. no one cares. and I'd venture to guess that the majority of football players are christian and the number 1 talking point in any post game interview is to thank god and jesus... etc. it just isn't that special.

the op and others are projecting
Show me one locker room that doesn't have a team prayer for player safety before the game. I'm agnostic and it never bothered me. No one ever made it a big deal. Not on either side of the belief spectrum.

Reactions: NWICY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
God is infinite enough to be concerned about basically-inconsequential things at the same time as world-changing issues; and in ways that are different from and sometimes beyond our understanding.
Projecting some serious narcissism. People have always needed a reason to believe they mattered cosmically.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
“With all the success I’ve experienced, especially in a college town where football hasn’t been successful in the past, everyone glorifies what I do on the field. I’m challenged to stay humble. When others start hyping me up, I am tempted to think I’m greater than I really am. I need to remember that, just as Christ was, I’m here on earth to serve others, not myself,” Purdy said.
The man is humble. Hopefully it will help take him a long way!

Purdy 3:16 says, “I just pump-faked your ass!”
It's kind of like Reggie White (Eagle/Packer, a strong Christian) kicking the shi* out of you on a play, then helping you up and saying, God bless you! Are you OK? :cool:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So would this be like using a picture that accentuates certain parts of a woman in an avatar?

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When I saw the liberalism burning his soul part I guarantee he thinks women joining the work force was the down fall off our society.

Yeah and it's always a little odd since things like Christianity aren't that far behind.

The OG of deflecting reality.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
When I saw the liberalism burning his soul part I guarantee he thinks women joining the work force was the down fall off our society.

i dont think society has ever been in a position to say that we have downfalled from that. maybe the crowning of charlemagne was a peak? thats why its so important to strive at any cost to be on the winning team at the valley of josaphat for if you take the most lovely victory for the cyclones and multiply by infinity that will be the loveliness of being on the winning team that day.

we are entering the 7th age of creation and 6th age of church and we will peak higher than charlemagne but it will come at a huge cost that will bring misfortune to all, none spared, and misfortune beyond imagination

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Most of our better players have been pretty visible with their Christian faith. Most of our visible CF posters are pretty vocal with their differing opinion. Neither is new, nor is it an issue. Probably should just get used to it at this point.

Although it can't be fail-safe, more often than not, I think the character traits of a true Christian are what our coaches are looking for when recruiting.

I think Jamie Pollard leads the way. He professes his Christianity without forcing it on others or institutionalizing it in the workplace. Look at how he handled the Iowa Band debacle. He took the high road and continues to offer to work with them without lying down. He continues to show them respect even though they provoke and initiate media fog-fests. I'm proud of Iowa State's Athletic Department, players, and fans because whether they win or whether they lose they usually demonstrate good character.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
i dont think society has ever been in a position to say that we have downfalled from that. maybe the crowning of charlemagne was a peak? thats why its so important to strive at any cost to be on the winning team at the valley of josaphat for if you take the most lovely victory for the cyclones and multiply by infinity that will be the loveliness of being on the winning team that day.

we are entering the 7th age of creation and 6th age of church and we will peak higher than charlemagne but it will come at a huge cost that will bring misfortune to all, none spared, and misfortune beyond imagination
Can't wait for the aliens to reveal themselves and watch people like you lose their minds.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Can't wait for the aliens to reveal themselves and watch people like you lose their minds.

if you can think of it its already been thought of
im sure its all apart of the plan
to think a race of beings of a degree higher than us that hate us beyond imigination because we are replacing them and taking their spots
shoot the technocrats are so dumb they are building them a portal in exchange for upper level engineering contracting on the AI web and a ridiculous promise of eternal life

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
if you can think of it its already been thought of
im sure its all apart of the plan
to think a race of beings of a degree higher than us that hate us beyond imigination because we are replacing them and taking their spots
shoot the technocrats are so dumb they are building them a portal in exchange for upper level engineering contracting on the AI web and a ridiculous promise of eternal life
Woah dude, I want what you're smoking.

Help Support Us

Become a patron