The state of B12 MBB ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think it's down to Ku and Baylor. TxT couldn't beat the Bears in Tech's grocery arena. WVU already lost at AFH. And to my eye neither OU nor TCU is equipped to compete at that level. Then we have the leftovers: Cats, Clones, Pokes, and Texas. Now, the Horns may move up to the middle tier but so what, they might as well finish in the bottom third because the league's only getting 6 in the dance this year. 15-3 wins it easily, maybe 14-4. Frankly, if Ku goes 16-2 it wouldn't surprise.

• Funny
Reactions: GM4ISU

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The apathy is following here at CF. You're not going to get much discussion.
Yeah, I know that but it was an opportunity to try and get my own mind around this mess that is B12 hoops. Nothing crystallizes thought like writing. So there's that. o_O

Reactions: Doc

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I wonder if HCSP joins Shaka on the hot seat as the season moves along? Prohm seems to be underperforming expectations, at least here, while most would think Smart is in his final year. His team plays bad basketball and the big sombrero is closer to empty than quiet, or maybe it's the reverse. K-State v. Texas Saturday on the LHN. That ought to draw 2300 patrons at the arena and a like number on the network. o_O

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The conference is incredibly average this year.

KU and Baylor are good.

Oklahoma, Tech, WVU are pretty good.

Texas, OK St, TCU are average at best.

ISU and KSU are not good.
I’d drop TCU down to not good territory. We were a 30 foot banked shot away from beating them at their place

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
TCU is an average team. They have some tools and get oSu Saturday to perhaps pad their 11-3 record. I obviously see more in them than you guys. Perhaps it's the purple.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Luckily for Iowa State the B12 looks like it's the worst it's been in a while.... There are wins to be had.

Honestly, I'm not so sure if Baylor really stands a chance against KU. I came away thoroughly impressed with them last night. They're the real deal and I think this is the best team Self has had in a while. I don't think anyone in the B12 can really match up with McCormack and Azubuike down low

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I think it's down to Ku and Baylor. TxT couldn't beat the Bears in Tech's grocery arena. WVU already lost at AFH. And to my eye neither OU nor TCU is equipped to compete at that level. Then we have the leftovers: Cats, Clones, Pokes, and Texas. Now, the Horns may move up to the middle tier but so what, they might as well finish in the bottom third because the league's only getting 6 in the dance this year. 15-3 wins it easily, maybe 14-4. Frankly, if Ku goes 16-2 it wouldn't surprise.

Whatever we'll see you on Wednesday, March 11th in KC for our last game of this miserable season...

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I think today will tell if OU is worthy of consideration. I don't see it. 4 teams for sure, but none of the others. Which is why I think the Cyclones will still win some games.
On the other hand, college mbb seems very down, so there might be teams getting in that wouldn't normally.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think today will tell if OU is worthy of consideration. I don't see it. 4 teams for sure, but none of the others. Which is why I think the Cyclones will still win some games.
On the other hand, college mbb seems very down, so there might be teams getting in that wouldn't normally.
Yes, there's something missing in the game this year. No great team perhaps. Crooks winning again without retribution. ESPN Plus. It's still early. Mine sucks. Not sure. But it's not football, that's we know.

Last edited:

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
You can see why (especially in football) Oklahoma and Texas want to get out of this league.

"And you will get to go to Ames in November......national TV, i promise you !!!!"

Help Support Us

Become a patron