The good news is that Iowa is continuing to help our RPI.

Spam

May 21, 2008
So is michigan, but it's time we started helping oklahoma's rpi

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Unless we completely tank the rest of the year, RPI and SOS won't be a problem going into Selection Sunday. Both are top 10 right now.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
The great thing about this year compared to the past two years which has been lost in the recent fan meltdowns is that this team built an AWESOME non-conference resume. With Iowa and Michigan looking like solid tournament teams, and the Big XII better than expected, a 12 - 6 or 11 - 7 conference record will get ISU a much better seed than the past few years.

I hope everyone chills out because if this team can somehow make it to 12 - 6 in conference (I think 11-7 or 10-8 is more likely), then we're looking at a 4, 5 or 6 seed. That will make a big difference in avoiding the 1 or 2 seeds in the second round.

On balance, this team is still overachieving from where I thought they'd be so I haven't lost my mind or perspective as have a few on here. Just enjoy the ride.

IdahoCyclone

Feb 29, 2012
The great thing about this year compared to the past two years which has been lost in the recent fan meltdowns is that this team built an AWESOME non-conference resume. With Iowa and Michigan looking like solid tournament teams, and the Big XII better than expected, a 12 - 6 or 11 - 7 conference record will get ISU a much better seed than the past few years.

I hope everyone chills out because if this team can somehow make it to 12 - 6 in conference (I think 11-7 or 10-8 is more likely), then we're looking at a 4, 5 or 6 seed. That will make a big difference in avoiding the 1 or 2 seeds in the second round.

On balance, this team is still overachieving from where I thought they'd be so I haven't lost my mind or perspective as have a few on here. Just enjoy the ride.

I don’t think theres two many teams we couldn’t compete with as a number 1 or 2 seed. I would avoid Michigan St, Kansas, and if Kentucky improves. Syracuse, Wisconsin, Arizona I think we would be a battle. After that I certainly wouldn’t feel bad about any team we would face.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
So we've got that going for us....which is nice....

Always a silver lining....

Funny part is, as of today, Iowa State and Iowa are able to feed off each other's resume strengths, which hasn't happened simultaneously in, like, as long as I can recall.

ISU would still be well-advised to actually beat some good teams again soon.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Iowa can be a 3 seed if they keep playing well. With most of the top ten teams losing this week Iowa could sneak it. I'm guessing we drop to 13-17 in rankings

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I think you guys care more about Iowa basketball than Iowa fans do. I live in CR and don't hear anything from anyone about Iowa basketball. Just constant football and wrassilin talk and smack. I work with several hardcore (their words) hawk fans and they can't even name 4 players on the team.

Cyhawkuni

Oct 27, 2013
I think you guys care more about Iowa basketball than Iowa fans do. I live in CR and don't hear anything from anyone about Iowa basketball. Just constant football and wrassilin talk and smack. I work with several hardcore (their words) hawk fans and they can't even name 4 players on the team.
Lol. Are you sure your friends like sports? Both teams will hopefully have a good run in the tourney.

theboat

Apr 7, 2010
I don't believe you.