The Fran fade

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Either way what Cytwins does is just crazy. I mean he knows ISU and Iowa up and down. He knows who both are recruiting, he knows the lineups of each team forwards and backwards, he gives updates on both teams recruits and who is going where, he has claimed to call out if Iowa and ISU kids are staying or transferring.

He is either a Clone fan completely and totally obsessed with Iowa, or an Iowa fan completely and totally obsessed with ISU, and has been like this every day for the past 7, 8 or 9 years.

You guys are so obsessed with me it's creepy

• Creative
Reactions: Legend Hawk

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

When someone asked you to define the "Fran fade" and give a W/L number this was your response:

Not sure there's a metric or time frame to define it. Easiest way if you are going to be insistent about it is probably just look at what seed you think they are now and then see where they end up

They asked you to go on record on which games they'd win and lose and of course you didn't do it because you have no clue what you're talking about. Again, being purposefully vague so you can claim some victory later on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When someone asked you to define the "Fran fade" and give a W/L number this was your response:

They asked you to go on record on which games they'd win and lose and of course you didn't do it because you have no clue what you're talking about. Again, being purposefully vague so you can claim some victory later on.

If you haven't noticed I don't answer a majority of his questions because he never answers anyone when they ask him something

I don't know when Iowa will start playing bad basketball. It could be this week it could be 3 weeks from now

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If you haven't noticed I don't answer a majority of questions because he never answers anyone when they ask him something

I don't know when Iowa will start playing bad basketball. It could be this week it could be 3 weeks from now

Comical. It's easy to see why you are vague like this. They lose a few games you say your right. They don't, you just deflect with other nonsense (handshake lines, refs, Garza can't play late, etc.).

You asked for a link and I gave it to you. If you're going to start threads about this crap put your name to it. When's this fade going to happen? Heck, I'll give it a shot:

@ Purdue- W
Nebraska-W
@IU-L
@Minn- L
OSU-W
@ MSU- L
PSU-W
Purdue-W
@Ill-L

I may be way off but at least I took a stab at it rather than throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Comical. You asked for a link and I gave it to you. If you're going to start threads about this crap put your name to it. When's this fade going to happen? Heck, I'll give it a shot:

@ Purdue- W
Nebraska-W
@IU-L
@Minn- L
OSU-W
@ MSU- L
PSU-W
Purdue-W
@Ill-L

I may be way off but at least I took a stab at it rather than throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I would gladly sign up for that right now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Comical. You asked for a link and I gave it to you. If you're going to start threads about this crap put your name to it. When's this fade going to happen? Heck, I'll give it a shot:

@ Purdue- W
Nebraska-W
@IU-L
@Minn- L
OSU-W
@ MSU- L
PSU-W
Purdue-W
@Ill-L

I'll go with

Purdue - L
Nebraska - W
Indiana - W
Minnesota - L
Ohio State - W
Michigan State - L
Penn State - L
Purdue - L
Illinois - L

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would gladly sign up for that right now.
I'm already looking forward to that final showdown against Illinois. That game yesterday was so much fun to watch and the extra curricular antics that followed is going to make the game even more interesting.

I'd also like to comment about what happened at the end of the game.. That Illinois coach was in the wrong for his actions. Illinois was still playing the game so why can't Iowa? The dunk was what created the mess and if Joe would've just shot a layup, I doubt anyone blinks an eye, but Joe wasn't thinking of that. He saw a wide open lane for a dunk in a big game and took it. Whatever. Life moves on. He didn't windmill it, or try and do a 360, he simply dunked it lol.

The other game against Maryland, Iowa was still pressing and trying to score and I guarantee you if Maryland dunked it, the majority of Iowa fans wouldn't have had a problem with it. I think the Illinois coaching staff / fan base got way too emotional over something like that.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm already looking forward to that final showdown against Illinois. That game yesterday was so much fun to watch and the extra curricular antics that followed is going to make the game even more interesting.

I'd also like to comment about what happened at the end of the game.. That Illinois coach was in the wrong for his actions. Illinois was still playing the game so why can't Iowa? The dunk was what created the mess and if Joe would've just shot a layup, I doubt anyone blinks an eye, but Joe wasn't thinking of that. He saw a wide open lane for a dunk in a big game and took it. Whatever. Life moves on. He didn't windmill it, or try and do a 360, he simply dunked it lol.

The other game against Maryland, Iowa was still pressing and trying to score and I guarantee you if Maryland dunked it, the majority of Iowa fans wouldn't have had a problem with it. I think the Illinois coaching staff / fan base got way too emotional over something like that.

I kind of like that the Iowa vs Illinois game has gotten back some of that "bad blood". With Illinois being down so long, and with Iowa down before that, it had lost some of the rivalry feel to it. That won't be an issue now, I think there is respect on both sides, but no love lost for sure.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I will say I won't be surprised if Iowa has a good week and the fade doesn't hit until Indiana or Minnesota. Nebraska is a free win and Purdue is not the Purdue of old. I know the game is at Purdue but Illinois just blew them out there and even Texas won there

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Comical. It's easy to see why you are vague like this. They lose a few games you say your right. They don't, you just deflect with other nonsense (handshake lines, refs, Garza can't play late, etc.).

You asked for a link and I gave it to you. If you're going to start threads about this crap put your name to it. When's this fade going to happen? Heck, I'll give it a shot:

@ Purdue- W
Nebraska-W
@IU-L
@Minn- L
OSU-W
@ MSU- L
PSU-W
Purdue-W
@Ill-L

I'm just going to guess the simplest outcome. Win at home lose on the road 4-5 with a decent shot to pull one out at either Purdue or Minnesota to go 5-4. Probably 7-8 seed in the end. 8 seed in the San Diego St bracket would be ideal. Was a decent game the 1st time. hawks would at least have a shot.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I will say I won't be surprised if Iowa has a good week and the fade doesn't hit until Indiana or Minnesota. Nebraska is a free win and Purdue is not the Purdue of old. I know the game is at Purdue but Illinois just blew them out there and even Texas won there

Mackey is one of those places where it seems like we never play well. We had a huge second half comeback to win 4 years ago but I cant remember the last time we won there other than that. I know Horner went off his senior year and we won there but PU was pretty bad back in those days.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron