The Fran fade

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
How close was Fran to getting this kid? He would help them out a lot. They need shooters

It was that kind of night. The walkon kid at the end of the bench that everyone was yelling shoot everytime he touched the ball drained a fadeaway corner three and then made another three from 30 feet.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It was that kind of night. The walkon kid at the end of the bench that everyone was yelling shoot everytime he touched the ball drained a fadeaway corner three and then made another three from 30 feet.
At least you have a nice recovery game against Nebraska coming up.

I don't get Purdue. They swing wildly in performance between Final Four team and mid-major .500 team on a nightly basis.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I don't get Purdue. They swing wildly in performance between Final Four team and mid-major .500 team on a nightly basis.

Pretty crazy. They have beaten three top 25 teams by the biggest margin of victory in the history of their program. Beat MSU by 29, beat then #5 Virginia by 29 and now Iowa by 36.

It was a bad combination of terrible defense and a team that couldn't miss.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Home game against the Generals was just what the doctor ordered.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Is there a point where getting your *** whooped that bad becomes a good thing? A nice little reminder you aren't good enough to not bring your "A" game every night?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Defense is usually the culprit behind the Fran fade

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Pretty crazy. They have beaten three top 25 teams by the biggest margin of victory in the history of their program. Beat MSU by 29, beat then #5 Virginia by 29 and now Iowa by 36.

It was a bad combination of terrible defense and a team that couldn't miss.
Their statlines last night are actually asinine. It's not like 1 guy went off, 5 guys had 10+ points and 2 more had 9. They had more assists than Iowa had made baskets. They had a ton of rebounds even when shooting at a very high percentage. They sustained that percentage over 65 shots!

I'm not sure you can ask for much more than that in a game, my goodness. Talk about putting it all together.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and iahawks

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Home game against the Generals was just what the doctor ordered.
Apparently Purdue felt the same way.

I thought ESPN was crazy when their BPI gave Iowa a, like, 70% chance of losing pregame. Boy was I wrong.