that loss could easily have been the 5th in a row for Fran

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
But for 3 unconscious 3 pointers Fran could easily be on a 5 game losing streak this morning. Think Barta's treatment of his f____k outrage would be different than what will likely happen?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
But for 3 unconscious 3 pointers Fran could easily be on a 5 game losing streak this morning. Think Barta's treatment of his f____k outrage would be different than what will likely happen?

Big 10 might fine or suspend him, Iowa won't do anything but have him issue an insincere apology if that.

The fact that it's a national story actually forced the local Iowa media to actaully report on it. LOL.

Edit: Thinking about it more, the Big 10 ain't going to do anything either, just hope it goes away since it wasn't on tape. Oh, man, I do so wish it was on tape. They'd have to suspend him if it was on tape but without that they will just wait it out.

Last edited:

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Big 10 might fine or suspend him, Iowa won't do anything but have him issue an insincere apology if that.

The fact that it's a national story actually forced the local Iowa media to actaully report on it. LOL.

Edit: Thinking about it more, the Big 10 ain't going to do anything either, just hope it goes away since it wasn't on tape. Oh, man, I do so wish it was on tape. They'd have to suspend him if it was on tape but without that they will just wait it out.

What do your refer to as "local media"? Eastern Iowa's? Des Moines media was all over this immediately.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Give it a day or two. Hard to believe that nobody had a phone on them to pick it up.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

Disagree. It will be in the referee's report the league. I believe they will take some action.

Yeah, Hawk fans over here were thumping their chests about all their "miracle" victories while the Clones were struggling. I just kept thinking,"Why do you need last-second shots to beat terrible teams?" That doesn't even factor into the equation in their little minds.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
They'd be on a 5 game skid if they weren't playing teams that are the basketball equivalent of KU FB.

Help Support Us

Become a patron