Texas zeroing in on Neill Berry

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Maybe I've missed something, but why does everyone want Graham? Is there something we can point to that he's done? If Prohm thinks he's the best option, so be it, but I feel like I'm unaware on the reasons why people want him to get promoted.

I like him because of his past connections to different training groups. He's had lots of access to good players, coaches and other insiders.

Plus not to mention it was a steal that he came here. He is a coach that could pick his destination as an assistant of he wanted to.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I like him because of his past connections to different training groups. He's had lots of access to good players, coaches and other insiders.
Exactly. He is young, a former player, is known for his training and development of players. Sounds like a perfect guy to promote.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Plus not to mention it was a steal that he came here. He is a coach that could pick his destination as an assistant of he wanted to.

He was going to be on the staff for Gottlieb if he got the Oklahoma State gig

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Seems like this has drug on a few more days than those in the know expected.

Maybe ISU is making a push to keep him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
It's looking pretty official regarding Berry, but I believe the assistants contracts are renewed yearly. This may be a formality before announcing a new deal for Small & Robinson[/QUOTE]

No, it's not a formality for contract extensions/new contracts for existing coaches, or you would see it with every assistant coach at the university. University jobs have a minimum number of days they have to be posted to the public, so doing this for every assistant coach would create a lot of unnecessary work.

• Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Coaches to possibly look at who were once head coaches. This is just for fun.

Kevin Ollie-Former UConn head coach. Friends with Fred.
David Padgett-Former Louisville acting head coach. Cleared in the FBI sting. \
Dave Rice- Fantastic Recruiter, can bring boosters to help pay for 5 star recruits that Prohm can coach and keep Dave away from them after we secure the commitment.

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneVet

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
A name being speculated on... James Kane. Served as an assistant at Murray State for six seasons including all the years CSP was head coach. Looks like last year was his first year as an assistant at Dayton. It seems Kane has a good reputation and no clue how much he contributed on this but Dayton signed a top 125 guard in 2018.

http://daytonflyers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=650

He is known for his outstanding job of building relationships with players and being an excellent recruiter and evaluator of talent. Known as a tireless recruiter, Kane also served as an intern for the Charlotte Bobcats in basketball operations and scouting analysis during the 2005-06 season.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Andy Kennedy or Mark fox would be home run hires, imo.

Similar to when Fred got Doc Sadler for one year after he was fired from Nebraska

• Optimistic
Reactions: chiroclone88

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Quick recap. Which recruits of ours was Neil Recruiting? Also, do you think those recruits are Up to Texas Standards. Not that Texas is better than us but they are trying to be a blue blood, which they are not in basketball.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Quick recap. Which recruits of ours was Neil Recruiting? Also, do you think those recruits are Up to Texas Standards. Not that Texas is better than us but they are trying to be a blue blood, which they are not in basketball.
Only Haliburton. All the Illinois Boys were Coach Small and Prohm.