Texas Longhorns - Airing of the Grievances

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Have I posted on here yet? To lazy to look. Anyways **** Texas. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Wait yes I would then light them on fire again.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
PAC 12 network didn’t do much. ACC network either.
PACN failed because they didn't partner with Fox or ESPN like BTN did and had zero leverage for carriage agreements.

ACCN is struggling due to being late to the game.

A B12N would have hit the market before BTN and presumably would have partnered with either Fox or ESPN and would have likely been successful to some extent. More importantly, it would have likely held the 12 schools together and facilitated expansion to those 12 instead of attrition.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
PACN failed because they didn't partner with Fox or ESPN like BTN did and had zero leverage for carriage agreements.

A B12N would have hit the market before BTN and presumably would have partnered with either Fox or ESPN and would have likely been successful to some extent. More importantly, it would have likely held the 12 schools together and facilitated expansion to those 12 instead of attrition.
Just a big might in my opinion. The footprint of the league, etc, never matched the b1g and sec so forcing it onto cable systems would still have been difficult.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Somewhat off topic, but not really. In case you haven’t seen it, Herbstreit and to a lesser degree, Alabama, are really getting trolled by FSU fans.

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Just a big might in my opinion. The footprint of the league, etc, never matched the b1g and sec so forcing it onto cable systems would still have been difficult.
That's the real main reason it didn't happen, IMO. Projections weren't a game changer because there wasn't enough eyeballs for it to make it a big money maker.

Reactions: simply1

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
People (like myself) wax nostalgic about not having the old Big 8 together, when the cancer was already there to begin with in OU and Nebby. Good call. And good riddance.

Oklahoma was a problem for the Big 8's TV deal, too, in the mid-80s. They wanted zero to do with the conference football package (7-1 vote, IIRC), but still demanded their cut of the proceeds because after all, they were still a conference member.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Oklahoma was a problem for the Big 8's TV deal, too, in the mid-80s. They wanted zero to do with the conference football package (7-1 vote, IIRC), but still demanded their cut of the proceeds because after all, they were still a conference member.
I'm looking forward to Oklahoma's decline in the SEC. Getting stabbed in the back by Texas should always have been expected. But OU always had it good and 100 years of history with the rest of us. They ****** the Big 12 over just because the could.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I think the network would have only prolonged the dysfunction. The Big10 and SEC would have gotten bigger payouts eventually, which is what spooked Texas and OU to start looking to the SEC.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I'm looking forward to Oklahoma's decline in the SEC. Getting stabbed in the back by Texas should always have been expected. But OU always had it good and 100 years of history with the rest of us. They ****** the Big 12 over just because the could.
I think Texas will be up and down in the SEC.But OU will slowly decrease and will be a middle of the pack at best. You can kinda see it happening now.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan