Terrence Lewis playing time

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
I feel bad for Long, I thought he was coming into his own a bit in Puerto Rico, could use another reliable shooter and defender. Lewis reminds me a bit of Matt Thomas, a guy you know can shoot but is just going to take some time to adjust to the college game. By the time is ISU career is over I'd be willing to bet he will be up there with the top 3 point shooters at ISU

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclad and JBone84

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
The difference in high school competition level is really magnified when they get to college. I imagine had Terrence played competition similar to the level of what Wigginton or even THT do, he'd be far more ready to contribute than from against Wisky competition. You can see the raw talent, but it's not used to being challenged.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I don't think this is necessarily an either Long or Lewis will play situations. Once Long is recovered from his symptoms he'll still get an opportunity to play.
I think what the team needs game to game will dictate which of the two will come of the bench.
Lewis will get more minutes when scoring/outside shooting will be needed and Long will get preference when individual defense is required.

It was unfortunate the concussion occurred for Long but the silver lining is it allowed Lewis to play extended minutes and play through some mistakes and gain confidence (for himself and from Prohm). It has accelerated TL's growth and role heading into the B12.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Agree. On one possession, he closed out on his guy, in control, to prevent the three attempt, then bodied himself above a screen and denied the drive.
He was also late to close out on about three shots and Prohm did not like him jawing with Stuart after the cheap foul. That earned him some extended time on the bench.

I like Lewis a lot. Kid has a very high ceiling.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The Thomas comparison continues to look apt. Hopefully we give him a lot of investment minutes.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Pretty clearly show the lack of depth in the back court with NWB, DJ, LW logging 105+minutes out of a possible 120 minutes. No wonder they look gassed and are struggling to execute in the final minutes when the other teams turn up the pressure.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Lewis just isn't ready yet on either end. But I think a year from now he will be a solid contributor.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron