Tennis 2022

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Sounds like the Djoker situation could extend into the French Open...ugh! I am not one that cheers for him but I willingly admit how great he is! But this is getting tiresome:

Seems like there's only one person who is at fault for that and could fix it any time

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The Australian government is at fault for not having clear rules. If they had clear rules, Djokovic wouldn’t have even attempted to come and there would be no problems.
That article is about France. Try to keep up

• Agree
Reactions: legi

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Muguruza in trouble...down a set. That would be a very early exit for the #3 seed. Nice day in Melbourne but the next few days are supposed to be in the 90s so that might impact play.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Anyone watching tennis tonight? I thought Azarenka/Svitolina would be a good watch but Azarenka is dominating her in the first set. Might have to check out the other matches that are being played.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Anyone watching tennis tonight? I thought Azarenka/Svitolina would be a good watch but Azarenka is dominating her in the first set. Might have to check out the other matches that are being played.

Watching every night. Agree on the Victoria/Mrs. Monfils match, but what a beat down. Simona looks really good so far on the women's side and still has a pretty favorable draw in front of her. Hoping Keys can get it together and the potential Ash/Osaka match next round could show you your winner on the women's side.

Match of the day is Opelka/Denis. Would love to Reilly make a breakthrough at a major. Fritz has also looked good so far, but that section of the draw isn't doing him any favors. Meddy Bear looks unbeatable again, but that's why they play the matches.

Reactions: cyfanatic

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The way they handle it in the NFL makes the most sense. If you aren’t vaxxed wear a mask except when you’re competing. It’s pretty simple. Australia is definitely off of my list of countries to visit. I don’t do fascism.
Hearing reports today than many other players tested positive after arriving in Australia and they are playing because they were vaccinated. Djokovic also apparently had covid at the beginning of December so he is more protected than the vaccinated players by any scientific, medical or logical metric. He also tested negative upon arrival, unlike others that were allowed to stay.

By all accounts, he followed the "rules", which is why he went in the first place. Then they changed the rules and deported him.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hearing reports today than many other players tested positive after arriving in Australia and they are playing because they were vaccinated. Djokovic also apparently had covid at the beginning of December so he is more protected than the vaccinated players by any scientific, medical or logical metric. He also tested negative upon arrival, unlike others that were allowed to stay.

By all accounts, he followed the "rules", which is why he went in the first place. Then they changed the rules and deported him.

Lol. Ya all those things.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

1642734896433.png

Reactions: isutrevman

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Lol. Ya all those things.
Didn't djokovic claim without evidence he had a medical exemption which he was due to having covid recently and basically the Australian government said lol nah you don't have a valid medical exemption for that reason. Not sure what rule was changed allegedly. And he also lied on his travel documents

• Agree

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Yep. Winner of the Australian “open” gets the biggest asterisk In the history of asterisks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Didn't djokovic claim without evidence he had a medical exemption which he was due to having covid recently and basically the Australian government said lol nah you don't have a valid medical exemption for that reason. Not sure what rule was changed allegedly. And he also lied on his travel documents

Like I said. Huge dooshbag. People not from Australia are the guests of Australia, not Australian citizens. Aussies don’t bow or defer to celebrity like we do here.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Uh oh...sounds like some fireworks in the Nadal/Shapovalov match. I need to go find some highlights of that one. At this point I would like to see Nadal win it...but would be OK with a new champ being crowned. Just hope for some good quality tennis to finish it out!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Uh oh...sounds like some fireworks in the Nadal/Shapovalov match. I need to go find some highlights of that one. At this point I would like to see Nadal win it...but would be OK with a new champ being crowned. Just hope for some good quality tennis to finish it out!

Nadal’s stalling tactics and potty break messed with his head, the desired effect I guess

• Wow

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nadal’s stalling tactics and potty break messed with his head, the desired effect I guess

I am not sure what they can do about that issue...I mean...can you tell an adult they don't have permission to go to the bathroom? I known in team sports it is different...but I just don't have a solution to that issue and it certainly gets abused. Not saying it was abused in this case since I haven't watched it yet.