Surprised by how much more talent has than us

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
2 mins decided this game.

They just had better big plays. The fumble for a TD the 45 yard QB scramble, the almost safety, and the punt return for 50 yards were huge.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
WR (#89 ontheir team was really good) and Punter. Their kicker had a leg, however. From my angle I couldn't tell, but did that kick go through the goalpost?

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Overall, our D played quite well, they gave up too many big plays, but I'm still optimistic for that group!

The offense on the other hand, was completely offensive!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The first three halves of this year have shown me we have talent. We competed with them. You have to worry about the emotional tank a few games down the road though.....Those 4 punts in a row were brutal in second half. Red flags going up big time there.
Anyway....back at the OP.....I am actually surprised that our program has injected some nice talent and they did well on individual plays. both sides, but mostly on defense. O-line had good moments of pass protection.
Just now remembering that 50 yard pass play in second half.....why on earth would you ever rush only 3 people? Seriously.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Overall, our D played quite well, they gave up too many big plays, but I'm still optimistic for that group!

Didn't we give up like 500 yards of offense to Big 10 west team? We might have played well comparatively to ourselves. The sacks are fool's gold.

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
3 times we had them inside their own 5 and they scored, our offense yuck. I didn't see much d1 talent, maybe we can finish the season out in Missouri Valley conference, that seems to be our talent level.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Losing Tucker changed the game IMO. The moment Tucker went out Iowa started running ball a lot better

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
3 times we had them inside their own 5 and they scored, our offense yuck. I didn't see much d1 talent, maybe we can finish the season out in Missouri Valley conference, that seems to be our talent level.

Dude Iowa is a decent team with a good D they will win 8-9 games. There is a lot more talent on this team than last couple years

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I agree. The fact they had less talent than ISU was a surprising amount. Can only imagine what Iowa's staff would do with CPR's roster.
That walkon WR for Iowa was clutch though. How many former walkons start for Iowa? Those natives getting up to beat ISU was huge.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Are you kidding? Nearly 500 yards and 31 points to a pretty mediocre or worse offense is playing well? Never mind we got horsed hard up front in the running game.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I agree. The fact they had less talent than ISU was a surprising amount. Can only imagine what Iowa's staff would do with CPR's roster.
That walkon WR for Iowa was clutch though. How many former walkons start for Iowa? Those natives getting up to beat ISU was huge.

Am I missing some sarcasm here?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Didn't we give up like 500 yards of offense to Big 10 west team? We might have played well comparatively to ourselves. The sacks are fool's gold.

Yards has to be one of the most overrated stats in football. Yeah, we gave up 500 yards of offense. Until the last 5 minutes of the game they were virtually empty yards.