Submit Your Questions for the 9/4 Mid-Week Mailbag

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why is Subways American cheese white? It’s been that way for a while. Do they bleach or dye it? It makes you think they are throwing provolone on it. It’s wrong man, it’s wrong. It needs to be orange.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That’s just a crazy stat. So what, we’re 10-6 in those games, even though we didn’t win the turnover battle.
It is crazy. 2018 TCU is one of the three that we did win the turnover battle (1-3), but we lost the game. Again, several games in which we tied in TOs, including a few games in which neither team had a TO. Clearly somewhat a product of our defense playing conservatively and tackling rather than chasing TOs.

We’re winning on talent bailing us out of failed attempts to play conservative football more than most believe imo. With the very average run game, lack of winning the TO battle, non-existent punt returns, and average kicking game, we’ve got a ways to go in conservative football.

Last edited:

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
It is crazy. 2018 TCU is one of the three that we did win the turnover battle (1-3), but we lost the game. Again, several games in which we tied in TOs, including a few games in which neither team had a TO.

We’re winning on talent bailing us out of failed attempts to play conservative football more than most believe imo. With the very average run game, lack of winning the TO battle, non-existent punt returns, and average kicking game, we’ve got a ways to go in conservative football.
Just give me the Brock Purdy from the Okie State game and the coaching staff can fair catch every punt return for all I care.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Do you think Purdy operating from the pocket like he did vs UNI will be more successful than the pump fake / run threat version we saw a year ago? I know it’s hard to compare this year without butler to last year with... but while Purdy was efficient (30/41, 278), there was very little play making. Lots of taking what was given like 4 yds on 3rd and 5. That goes down as a completion but does not help you win.