StubHub Friday?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The Stub Hub location is less than a mile and a half from the United Center. Sort of halfway between the Loop and UC. I could see someone just hanging out there until prices drop low enough, buying them online, and picking them up a minute later.

That's what I did in Denver but they never got lower. Just about doubled on me

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Seriously? Bummer. Doubled on Stub Hub? From when to when?

I think when I got there that morning there were cheap singles around 110-120. Bout 2-3 hours before game time they were up to 200. With the last minute stubhub location they just don't get many new tickets day of.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think when I got there that morning there were cheap singles around 110-120. Bout 2-3 hours before game time they were up to 200. With the last minute stubhub location they just don't get many new tickets day of.
You should have went to the arena and scalped. I had a friend and his son find 2 upper level tickets for $40 each. Sounds like you were looking for lower level seats, though. Which may have been a lot harder to find.

LakeLife

Aug 8, 2015
I don't see the market falling out for this game. Also these scalpers at the UC are pros... They won't drop their prices right at tip.... They would rather eat them and not lose their reputation.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I don't see the market falling out for this game. Also these scalpers at the UC are pros... They won't drop their prices right at tip.... They would rather eat them and not lose their reputation.

I would be willing to bet they'd part with nosebleeds for $100 each. Not sure how that would hurt their reputation more than wiping their *** with hundreds of dollars.

LakeLife

Aug 8, 2015
I would be willing to bet they'd part with nosebleeds for $100 each. Not sure how that would hurt their reputation more than wiping their *** with hundreds of dollars.

Isn't face value $100 for uppers? That technically isn't scalping and you wouldn't be buying from a scalper at that price point. (If you can find $100 tickets) Good luck for anyone who can tho...

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i'll be shocked if we don't read several posts on saturday here about cyclone fans who got tickets for $50 from scalpers right before tip off.

no one in chicago cares about this game.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
The problem is that its a doubleheader and they will say they are waiting for Cuse and Gonzaga fans to buy them for above face even though there won't be many there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

These guys like to act like a "pack" so they don't want to be the guy who "caves" and ruins the market. They love to show off for each other. And when you are making a a few thousand dollars in an hour or so, you develop a bit of an ego. It is best to let them know what you will pay and then go somewhere in sight but a ways away so they can let you know if they are willing to sell.