Stripe the Stadium

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
As expected By most, this did not execute
[/QUOTE]
Yep, my wife was pissed, so she ran to the book store and got a yellow shirt. Probably 5 people in our section had them. I told her it wasn’t going to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Scott34

Mar 21, 2021
YES good old KU...I went to an ISU @ KU game. It was the next to last game of the season, THEIR MIGHT HAVE BEEN 5,000 FANS in attendance that day. Donnie Duncan was the coach and ISU led at halftime 17-7.....In typical Donnie Duncan style ...WE LOSE the game 21-17!!
Yeah, but if I remember right, we beat Iowa in 80, 81 and 82.

Reactions: CyBobby

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
It was about as expected, but I think there was enough of an acknowledgement for this grassroots attempt to suggest we may be able to pull it off if it was coordinated by the athletics department for a big game.

any attempt at organizing a color out that doesn’t come directly from the athletic dept is going to fail. Too many fans not on social media

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I thought it was nice to have some color variation. We should half ass organized stripes every week, and I'm only halfway joking.

Reactions: 2020cy

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
It was about as expected, but I think there was enough of an acknowledgement for this grassroots attempt to suggest we may be able to pull it off if it was coordinated by the athletics department for a big game.
Yeah I was impressed how well you could see the sections. It wasn’t great but there needs to be more gold shirts out there to really pull off the gold sections. My closet is 80% red shirts and the few that aren’t only have the one gold shirt that I wore.

The people that think organized colors have sticks up their butts but you have to make it easier for fans to find stuff. I didn’t even tell the others about this as I figured they wouldn’t even have a gold shirt.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
This really needs to be organized and communicated by the AD when tickets go out. Needs to be done early in the season so it's just a t-shirt - any later in the season when jackets are required it never happens.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Frog

May 6, 2021
What a late night. Checking in and just saw this thread. According to this I supposed to wear cardinal but wore gold last night, At least my wife was cardinal. I didn't know anything about this.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Just thought of an idea related to "Stripping the Stadium" or Card Sections as we use to call them that might benefit the crowd, sponsors, the athletic department, and the school.

They main idea is that sponsors (such as Hickory Park, Taco Bell, Busch Lite, Wing Stop, other schools, etc.) could purchase strategically-colored bibs that could be placed on each seat before the game. The bibs could contain the name of the sponsor and promotional items such as coupons, discounts, or upcoming events, in small print of course. When the patron gets to their seat, tie on the bib and BAM we're done.

The Athletic Department could control the process by charging sponsors enough to cover bib design, production costs, set-out costs, additional clean-up costs, and a little margin.

To get the school involved, some design or arts class could take on the responsibility for designing the stadium images and producing the bibs. The Business school could set up an on-going organization using the marketing department to provide live experience selling the service to sponsors and/or other schools.

To get the crowd involved, during pre-game you could have the announcer call out sections to show their stuff to be seen on the jumbotrons. That way everybody gets to see themselves on the big screens and see the resultant larger image they are a part of.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What a late night. Checking in and just saw this thread. According to this I supposed to wear cardinal but wore gold last night, At least my wife was cardinal. I didn't know anything about this.

LOL, you missed nothing it was some twitter or facebook thing I think. If it wasn't for CF I wouldn't have known either. I wore my grey FB season T that the cheer squad sells and had a gold sweatshirt for later when it rained. I have no idea what my section was supposed to be. Predominate color was Cardinal in the stadium from my vantage point high in the SE corner of the stadium. Dang it was a fun nite though.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
These things never work unless the university supplies messaging, and specifically provides shirts. That's how Tennessee, Iowa, and many others accomplish this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron