stop blaming officiating

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I admit the onside kick was bad but we gave up 391 yards 2 turnovers and 49 points. the refs are not picking on us our bad play has been consistent since UNI. we have had 370 yards in penalties,this team is not disciplined.

we have seen the same calls over and over again making the same dumb mistakes since UNI. the officials are not out to get poor iowa state. the reason we are losing is turnovers and dumb plays. if you blame the officials you are ignorant and a sore loser.

sorry

So if we had played Baylor dead even on the field, we'd have lost by 14 points because of refs screwing us.

We don't have to be happy about that, we should talk about that, because it needs to stop.

You can stand up for yourself being trampled on by officials without claiming it's the sole reason you lost the game.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
It's awful and it's the same week after week after week. Bad calls are bad calls, weather they determine the outcome or not, it's getting out of hand.
This. The refs should be seen but not heard. They should be behind the scenes.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
To be fair, I think most of the people complaining about the officiating are in agreeance that it's all the Big 12 refs, and moreover all of the NCAA refs. Officiating this past year has been really shaky, and we've seen that multiple times in our games.

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011
This. The refs should be seen but not heard. They should be behind the scenes.

unfortunately refs are there to be herd.

I do have a question though...during a kick off is the kicker allowed to step out past the ball like mahoney did?

and yes i know they didnt call it on him

Last edited:

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
To the original OP.....of course we need to figure out what went wrong with our awful run D. Baylor dominated us up front, but that doesn't mean that just because Baylor out played us, we should not take note of several awful calls that had a major impact on the game.

As evidenced by the stats in the first post, Baylor didn't need any additional help.

ist8er

Aug 3, 2010
Wichita
unfortunately refs are there to be herd.

I do have a question though...during a kick off is the kicker allowed to step out past the ball like mahoney did?

and yes i know they didnt call it on him

Yes.

"Offside occurs when one or more players of the kicking team are not behind
their restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked (Exception: The kicker
and holder are not offside when they are beyond their restraining line) (Rule
6-1-2)."

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011
Yes.

"Offside occurs when one or more players of the kicking team are not behind
their restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked (Exception: The kicker
and holder are not offside when they are beyond their restraining line) (Rule
6-1-2)."

thanks. i can remember ever seeing that called, but when it was the only possibility...

the refs sure did **** that up.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I agree with some of these posts on here. im just saying we did not lose this game because of officiating.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I know everyone is upset about the onside and rightfully so, but that reversal of the call in the first half when Griffin lost control of the ball on a pump fake was unbelievable. Everyone knows he wasn't attempting a forward pass and to overturn the call on the field is flat out unforgivable. That was a huge momentum swing in the game.

There is no way to know how the rest that game plays out if that call wasn't reversed. That replay official should never be allowed to work in this league again, but we all know how these things constantly seem to go against ISU.

I'm fed up with it. For all the retards on this board that think poor officiating has no affect on the outcome of games you have no clue. That call led to 7 points and a change in momentum. There is no way to know how the game would have unfolded if it wasn't for that fraudulent call.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
for you guys not on twitter Chris williams just tweeted this.

ChrisMWilliams Chris Williams
Just talked to an official. Told me that onside kick offsides was "100 %" the right call. FYI. #Cyclones

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Without a doubt, Iowa State lost this game themselves.

However, down 16 (2 possessions) with 8 minutes left, the officials blew a chance for Iowa State to get back into the game.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Just talked to an official. Told me that onside kick offsides was "100 %" the right call. FYI. #Cyclones

Of course said official probably also does Iowa State games, which would explain the lack of intelligence.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

I guess that explains why they don't make the right calls.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
I admit the onside kick was bad but we gave up 391 yards 2 turnovers and 49 points. the refs are not picking on us our bad play has been consistent since UNI. we have had 370 yards in penalties,this team is not disciplined.

we have seen the same calls over and over again making the same dumb mistakes since UNI. the officials are not out to get poor iowa state. the reason we are losing is turnovers and dumb plays. if you blame the officials you are ignorant and a sore loser.

sorry

Sorry, you are ignorant if you think any coach should put up with a call that is obviously wrong. No ifs or ands about it. Wrong rule, wrong call, not close, momentum changing,

not even "good sports" accept that. It's ignorant to believe otherwise.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Seriously Radio and announcers and ... Have noticed a absolutely awful job of officiating . It does hurt it took ball away when oUr defense made some big plays .So instead of us getting ball they made a first down and touch down ! I am sick of this crap.

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011

that does seem to fly in the face of the rule book that has been quoted on here.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
Of course said official probably also does Iowa State games, which would explain the lack of intelligence.

didnt you hear the big 12 decided that they would get back at us this year by bad officiating
:jimlad:

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
I guess that explains why they don't make the right calls.

So was number 7 invisible when he crossed the line because I certainly don't see him. That official is as stupid as the ones on the field. Get a rule book fellas.

Clueless.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I know everyone is upset about the onside and rightfully so, but that reversal of the call in the first half when Griffin lost control of the ball on a pump fake was unbelievable. Everyone knows he wasn't attempting a forward pass and to overturn the call on the field is flat out unforgivable. That was a huge momentum swing in the game.

There is no way to know how the rest that game plays out if that call wasn't reversed. That replay official should never be allowed to work in this league again, but we all know how these things constantly seem to go against ISU.

I'm fed up with it. For all the retards on this board that think poor officiating has no affect on the outcome of games you have no clue. That call led to 7 points and a change in momentum. There is no way to know how the game would have unfolded if it wasn't for that fraudulent call.

I thought it was the right call to overrule it. He certainly didn't mean to throw it, but it came out of his hand during the throwing motion.

Help Support Us

Become a patron