Steve Prohm says he'll meet with Jamie Pollard to discuss his future next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Ironically of the three “candidates” at that time Prohm is the only one at the school he was hired at and the only one not in the NCAA tournament.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Chris Beard was at D-II Angelo State and took the Arkansas Little Rock job that summer. We were going to hire him from Angelo State?
A Young Chris Beard would have been a whole lot better than Losing Every Conference Game.....Did Chris Beard EVER LOSE EVERY CONFERENCE GAME WHEREVER HE COACHED?

Reactions: socalcy

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Putting personal opinions aside, I’m thinking it’s 60/40 Coach Prohm will be retained for next season.
Straight up JP would be putting himself in the hot seat. The accounting just flat out doesn’t even make sense to retain him. At worst we are spending a tiny bit more to fire him than keep him. The drop in ticket revenue alone will be getting closer to the buyout figure. Especially if the buyout money is there from donors for that purpose you have to make the move.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Id be shocked if the meeting isn’t tomorrow. The flight from Indianapolis isn’t that long, as long as there isn’t a long layover in Atlanta or wherever lol.

The meeting very likely will not be today. I'd wager the farm (apologies to my brother) that Pollard is in Stillwater for the NCAA XC championships where both teams compete today including his son in what may be his last xc race.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A Young Chris Beard would have been a whole lot better than Losing Every Conference Game.....Did Chris Beard EVER LOSE EVERY CONFERENCE GAME WHEREVER HE COACHED?
True, but people keep bringing up the myth that Beard was on ISUs radar when Prohm was hired. He was a DII coach at that time, so he wasn't on any power conference team's radar at that time.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Beard was note a candidate for our job. Drew and Prohm were. Underwood might have been but there seems to be something fishy about him and I don't know if Jamie ever went there or not.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Beard was note a candidate for our job. Drew and Prohm were. Underwood might have been but there seems to be something fishy about him and I don't know if Jamie ever went there or not.

Pretty sure Jordon Bohannon just called him out on twitter for paying players yesterday.....and the media just ignores it which I find SUPER ODD. Could you imagine if an ISU player did that on twitter?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I realize we can't expect any coach to really be a long haul type of guy but he was at OSU one year and something was floating around one of these threads that he's looking at leaving Illinois.

Need some consistency and he's not it.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Straight up JP would be putting himself in the hot seat. The accounting just flat out doesn’t even make sense to retain him. At worst we are spending a tiny bit more to fire him than keep him. The drop in ticket revenue alone will be getting closer to the buyout figure. Especially if the buyout money is there from donors for that purpose you have to make the move.
Being serious. Do you know next year's ticket sales? Or is this just your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.