State Fair - DirectTV

beans4cy

Apr 11, 2006
Has anyone seen the deal going at the fair for signing up for DirectTV and receiving a free 26 inch TV? Just curious if anyone else checked into it at all?

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I bit on it. $79.99 a month for everything including all the movie channels and NFL Sunday Ticket plus the free TV. It will go up after six months but at that point I can just drop the movie channels and such and it will go back down to what we are paying now anyway. Not a bad deal for a free year of NFL Sunday Ticket and a free TV, which I plan on using for tailgating.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Has anyone seen the deal going at the fair for signing up for DirectTV and receiving a free 26 inch TV? Just curious if anyone else checked into it at all?

I first signed up for DirecTV at the fair many years ago. I don't even remember what the promotion gimmick was. Go for it.

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
My roommate signed up for it this week and it was installed on Wednesday. I am loving it so far and looking forward to the Sunday Ticket. The free TV is being mailed to us and we should get that in about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly.

blando

Mar 29, 2006
Where is their booth? Does anyone know if they're working with existing customers with this deal? I've been with DirecTV since 2003, and still have the same equipment, with the exception of a TiVo upgrade in 2005. Been looking to upgrade anyway...

Thanks.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Where is their booth? Does anyone know if they're working with existing customers with this deal? I've been with DirecTV since 2003, and still have the same equipment, with the exception of a TiVo upgrade in 2005. Been looking to upgrade anyway...

Thanks.

Call up and tell them you want multi room viewing. It is a $99 install, but they have to switch all your old equipment out with the new stuff to make it work. I did that and they replaced my last directtv tivo this week with one of their dvrs.

blando

Mar 29, 2006
Call up and tell them you want multi room viewing. It is a $99 install, but they have to switch all your old equipment out with the new stuff to make it work. I did that and they replaced my last directtv tivo this week with one of their dvrs.

Thanks Brian. What are the odds that I can sneak out with the TV at the state fair as well?