Stadium Music

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
I'm turning into Grumpy Old Man with stadium ""atmosphere"". The latest thing at Boone Pickens stadium is to play that damn chest thumping song from Wolves of Wall Street for third and fourth downs. It kind of loses its luster when the other team converts 2-3 fourth downs. "OK, fellas, they're playing our fourth down conversion song...let's do it!"

But seriously, ok, whatever gets people going. That said, I wish our sound folks wouldn't play loud music so close to the opposing team's snap. They usually cut off the sound right as the QB stops walking to the line. It's one thing for the crowd to do its thing, but another when it's a sound system.

Get off my lawn. And turn off the Jock Jams.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm turning into Grumpy Old Man with stadium ""atmosphere"". The latest thing at Boone Pickens stadium is to play that damn chest thumping song from Wolves of Wall Street for third and fourth downs. It kind of loses its luster when the other team converts 2-3 fourth downs. "OK, fellas, they're playing our fourth down conversion song...let's do it!"

But seriously, ok, whatever gets people going. That said, I wish our sound folks wouldn't play loud music so close to the opposing team's snap. They usually cut off the sound right as the QB stops walking to the line. It's one thing for the crowd to do its thing, but another when it's a sound system.

Get off my lawn. And turn off the Jock Jams.

Careful making fun of Jock Jams. For some god forsaken reason we keep playing Jock Jams in Hilton, and every time my soul dies more. Gotta be the old people.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
I would like to hear the band play more instead. Part of the atmosphere of college football is to hear the school's band and it's drum corps.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron