Sporting News article

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Is it really a surprise that a league formed solely because of TV money is now being decimated for the very same reason? Most of the schools in the Big 12 have been looking out for #1 the whole time. Couple that with the ridiculous "needing 9 votes to change anything" bylaw and it's a recipe for disaster.

The previous honcho (Weiberg) tried to get a Big 12 Network started. The schools voted it down. What happened to him? He said **** this, Went to the Big Ten and oversaw the formation of the BTN. Now, he's in the administration of the Pac-10.

Boorstin

May 13, 2010
Wyoming
Anyone still willing to defend the guy? :confused:

Not me. And I really think the State of Iowa's elected officials have let the whole state down. ISU is a major institution, and it's being diluted through this process. The whole state suffers if ISU is not in a major conference.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not me. And I really think the State of Iowa's elected officials have let the whole state down. ISU is a major institution, and it's being diluted through this process. The whole state suffers if ISU is not in a major conference.

While your right the state will suffer is ISU is shoved to the wayside, The States Elected officials can do nothing about whats going on.

Boorstin

May 13, 2010
Wyoming
While your right the state will suffer is ISU is shoved to the wayside, The States Elected officials can do nothing about whats going on.

They certainly could be doing more, even if it's just vocal support. Their job is to advocate on behalf of Iowans, and the state's institutions. Where's Harkin? What's the economic impact to Iowa if the B12 falls apart? Who is working to protect the state of Iowa's interests? As far as I can tell, they are fiddling while . . . . . well, you know the rest.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron