Seniors (and Breece and Will) appreciation thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Mar 14, 2019
These guys changed the way I view college football Saturdays. Years ago I would wake up on a college football Saturday and expect a loss no matter who we were playing. It wasn't very fun but I still watched because I was a diehard fan. Now, I wake up on Saturdays and expect to win. Wow. Times have changed. I have something to really look forward to during the work week. I appreciate everything this class has done for the Iowa State program. All of them will definitely be missed. Hoping I can make it to the bowl game this year. Praying it's not the Texas bowl on Tuesday, but I will try to make it regardless. Thank you for everything seniors!

Reactions: larrysarmy

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
These guys will ALWAYS be remembered for changing the tide of Iowa State football. It will be weird not having them on the field come next year. Hopefully Jack Trice is rocking and we send them out with a bang!

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Am I the only one that thinks that Will could and maybe would benefit by coming back to get one more year of experience, etc.? I realize Breece wiill go.
eh I think Will's stock is as high as it's been...not that it couldn't rise, but I feel like he'll get drafted pretty high

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Brock's winning touchdown dime to Lazard, taking down OU in Norman was the pinnacle of his Cyclone career. He is the definition of winner.
uh-oh-boy.gif

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
These men have represented our University with class, distinction (more victories in 4 years than any other, I believe) and gave us a NY6 victory, and have our football program on the national map (Two ESPN gamedays at JTS during their tenure). Thanks for the memories of JTS Saturdays, bowl games and even some away games! We are indebted to you for growing our program and wish you all success in the future! GO CYCLONES!!!

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Do yourself a favor and listen to Jared and Jeff's latest Football and Random Things podcast. Really nice tribute to all the seniors.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Curious, since I don't pay close attention to recruiting: Are all the seniors on this team exclusively Campbell recruits? With redshirting + recruiting process beginning earlier all the time, I wonder if maybe a few are are crossover Rhoads/Campbell selections (late-Rhoads period being early phase).

Experts, please don't "Dumb" me, I'm just wondering and I don't know where to find the info.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Group is historic, end your tailgates early Friday and get in the stadium to recognize them.

Reactions: JM4CY

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Curious, since I don't pay close attention to recruiting: Are all the seniors on this team exclusively Campbell recruits? With redshirting + recruiting process beginning earlier all the time, I wonder if maybe a few are are crossover Rhoads/Campbell selections (late-Rhoads period being early phase).

Experts, please don't "Dumb" me, I'm just wondering and I don't know where to find the info.
I think all of the Rhoads era players are gone by now

Reactions: cyclones500

hershy

Oct 15, 2021
Looking forward to being in the stands on Friday. Never been to "Senior Day", when's the time to be in-house so as to not miss the recognition of our seniors?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Looking forward to being in the stands on Friday. Never been to "Senior Day", when's the time to be in-house so as to not miss the recognition of our seniors?

I'd say get in there 30 minutes before kickoff.

Sr day always hits me because I remember back to my Sr day, having my mom and dad on the field with me with my name and # on the south endzone video board behind me

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I’d say at least 30 minutes and make sure you allow time to get through the gates. The north ticket takers have been slow this year.

Reactions: hershy