Season Ticket Sales - Football

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
So today's report is Iowa season tix sales are down.
<http://whotv.com/2015/06/23/iowa-football-public-season-ticket-sales-down-overall-goals-still-within-reach/>

They sold 39,800 last year if I understand correctly. This year is on pace for "biggest decrease" in 10 years, but it can't be a huge number of a decrease, maybe a few thousand. I tried to find their historical sales, but didn't find anything after a (brief) search.

I still have not seen anything on ISU tix sales. Any chance the good guys could overtake?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Im not sure what we sold last year but i know we sold more than 40,581 as of mid august last year. So maybe somewhere in the 42k range all considered. We sold 43178 in 2013. So really we've already surpassed them in numbers, though maybe not in dollars worth of season tickets as their season tickets seem to be all at one price where ours have multiple price points and the numbers theyre releasing are 'general public' season tickets and i dont know if our numbers have included things like corporate season tickets that theirs may not be including.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
“This isn’t a surprise. We expected a decline in the general public category, planned for it during the budgeting process, and jump-started our group sales for 2015 in response to it. Now that we are well down the path of executing our plan, I believe our goals of another increase in per game attendance and another year with a ranking in the Top 25 are attainable,” said Gary Barta, the UI’s director of athletics.

Such a doosher. Glad to know you planned for this historic low. Kudos man. Job well done.

Help Support Us

Become a patron