Scotty's Streak Ends

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Did not make a three tonight.

It's time to get him back to what he does best - being a SG that SHOOTS THE THREE! ISU has lost a lot of offensive production due to this change.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Scotty needs to start a new streak of being bench strength.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think it is pretty obvious that Scotty is just not going to work out at pg. Didn't McGee play point at his JC. I wouldn't mind them trying to implement him or maybe even Babb at pg.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
The Scotty experiment needs to be over. It was a head scratcher to begin with but I went into the season with an open mind. Watching him break down people is brutal. We have no offensive rhythm with him running the point and he just looks uncomfortable. I feel bad for him.

Please stop switching those screen up top. It made us very vulnerable defensively and put us completely out of position when trying to rebound.

RW had a nice line. I can understand that some people don't show a lot of emotion and that's Royce. I can live with that. But the fact that he seems like he's not interested half the time bothers me. He could have had 45 and 20 tonight.

Allen and Tyrus need to be the primary ball handlers.

I can live with an off night shooting, it happens and will happen again. The free throw shooting was unacceptable, a lack of mental toughness.

Finally, its early. Hopefully the coaching staff and players can learn from this because we have some talent. We have no identity right now and sometimes it takes a loss like this to find it.

Reactions: kingcy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think it is pretty obvious that Scotty is just not going to work out at pg. Didn't McGee play point at his JC. I wouldn't mind them trying to implement him or maybe even Babb at pg.

Fred's implication on the post-game show is that McGee has problems on the defensive end.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Scotty needs to start a new streak of being bench strength.

+1 he had a role last season that role is gone. In regular life that means you are fired. Not because you stink but just don't fit with the organization any more.